Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4362: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4364: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4365: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4366: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
anddev.org • View topic - adding xml and other files

adding xml and other files

Put your problem here if it does not fit any of the other categories.

adding xml and other files

Postby aglesteban » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:25 pm

Hello.
I'm gonna explain my problem. I have a service that uses a different class, which has to use some xml files and also other kind of files. But I don't know where can I put those new files that I have to use. The path for finding my xml files doesn't work yet. I don't know how should I do in ordert to add new files to my android project.

How should I do? is there any information about that anywhere?

Thank you for your help.
aglesteban
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby eborshch » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:54 am

Hello.
I'have the same problem. I plan to distribute my application with a binary file that should contain some reference infromation(like country names, e.t.c) .
I want this file be bundled with my apk package. And populate databse with this reference info when application starts for a first time

But i've failed to find a way to this. I would appreciate any help!
Thanks.
eborshch
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Quetzalcoatl » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:12 am

Can they not be included in the res/raw folder of your project? That way you can access them from code easily, I've just done the same with some bitmap fonts.
Quetzalcoatl
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Postby eborshch » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:39 am

Thanks! This helps.
My mistake was that I'd tried to put that file under res\my arbitary folder....
I must dedicate more time to docs. This is me second day with Android :)
eborshch
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Other Coding-Problems