Woods expects rough time at Oak Hill

News, information, contests and special event announcements from members of the anddev.org community.

Woods expects rough time at Oak Hill

Postby estelle » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:27 am

The world number one blew the field away at the Firestone Country Club as he claimed an unprecedented eighth win on Sunday on the back of a 61 in the second round on Friday.
He closed jpx 800 irons for sale with a par 70 on Sunday and his round included 16 pars, one birdie and one bogey.
However, Woods knows that things are likely to be a lot tougher when the final major of the year gets underway at Oak Hill on Thursday.
"Oak Hill is going to be a golf course where we're going to have to make a lot of pars, there's no doubt," said Woods.
"If you have an opportunity to make a birdie, you'd better because there aren't a whole lot of opportunities to make them. There are a few holes that you can be aggressive on and maybe a few pin locations that if you have the right situation you can be pretty aggressive to it, but otherwise it's going to be a tough golf course.
"The rough was already up when I played discount golf clubs on Tuesday. It has another week of getting thicker and more lush. I think that it'll be a very, very difficult championship.
"I forgot what the winning score was, maybe just a few under par when Shaun (Micheel) won in 2003, but it was playing hard, and I think it may be playing even harder this year."
Woods also won the Bridgestone Invitational by six shots in 2007 and he went on to win the PGA Championship a week later, but the American isn't keen on comparisons.
He added: "For me it's hard to relate because it's a totally different emotion, and it's Southern Hills versus Oak Hill, two very different golf courses.
"This golf course (Firestone) is very similar to Oak Hill, but Oak Hill is much more difficult obviously, and with it being more penal with the rough being up, it'll be interesting to see what they do with the greens, how much speed can they add to it and what's going to happen come Thursday.
"I'm looking forward to it. As far as wanting it more than any other, no. It's the same. These are the events that we try and peak for and try and taylor made r11 irons win.
"There's four of them a year and this week, as I said, it's important for me to get some rest come Monday and Tuesday and do some light work but make sure it's clean work.
estelle
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to Open News