SDK V1.1R1 released

News, information, contests and special event announcements from members of the anddev.org community.

SDK V1.1R1 released

Postby MrSnowflake » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:37 pm

It's official, the new sdk is released. With version 1.1R1 it's a step up from the 1.0r2. According to the blog there aren't many api changes, ofcourse not to make version 1.1 incompatible with version 1.0, as now it's backward-compatible.

There is though a new entry for the AndroidManifest. It's called <ses-sdk> with argument minSdkVersion which allows you to have your package notify the system it's designed for atleast a specific version of Android. V1.1 is called version 2 and V1.0 1. This only is necessairy if you use specifics which is only available in V1.1, like the easy access to the proces id. If you are not using any of these new features, you might want to keep using version 1.0 to be compatible with most devices.

One of the biggest new features of V1.1 is the support of 3 different languages: English (both UK and US) and German. I suppose I18n is fully working now, yet the documentation is still lacking. Though on the boards there's a draft of the I18n an L10n docs.

Still no soft-keyboard...

Also the site has had a redesign.
MrSnowflake

Postby Plastriq » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:58 pm

Is there no Javadoc included with this SDK? It's not showing up for me in Eclipse :/
Plastriq
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby plusminus » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:33 am

Plastriq wrote:Is there no Javadoc included with this SDK? It's not showing up for me in Eclipse :/

Same here.
The android.jar doesn't allow us to add it on our own. :(

Regards,
plusminus
Image | Android Development Community / Tutorials
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Open News