On the cutting room floor

News, information, contests and special event announcements from members of the anddev.org community.

Postby bellasahu582 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:24 am

Watch Bad Grandpa Online So how do you find out about how to attend one of these fan events? Details will be centrally located on the film's official website, TheHobbit.com, but you will also be able to find out more on the movie's Facebook and Twitter pages. Until more information becomes available about the fan celebration enjoy the two previously released trailers below - and stay tuned! With Duncan Jones' Warcraft movie set with an official release date and, as a result, an idea for when the movie will go into production, it was only a matter of time before the casting stories began rolling in. Late last month we learned that the production was eying both Paula Patton and Colin Farrell for two of the movie's biggest parts, and now Variety is reporting that Travis Fimmel, the actor best known for playing Ragnar Lothbrok on the critically-acclaimed History Channel series Vikings, is the top choice to play one another of the the main character in the feature video game adaptation.

Watch Spring Breakers Online While no deal is in place just yet, sources have told the trade that Fimmel is definitely the man that Jones and Legendary Pictures want for the part. Should the star sign on the dotted line he will reportedly play one of four lead roles. Unfortunately, because details about the film are being kept under wraps, exactly what those four roles are remains a mystery. The production is moving forward with a script from Charles Leavitt (The Mighty, K-PAX, Blood Diamond), but at this point there are no details available about either the plot or the ensemble of characters that will be involved.

Watch We're The Millers Online So basically, it's a movie made up of outtakes-- but with an actual plot. Just as McKay says he would watch this version of Airplane! if someone offered it, I would watch this version of any one of McKay's films, Anchorman 2 included. Can we start the petition to get him to do this for Step Brothers next?Katy Perry might be a big pop star, now, but it wasn’t so long ago that she was just as starstruck as the rest of us. In fact, one of the first times she was invited to the Grammys, she saved a few unlikely mementos as keepsakes. Those keepsakes included locks of hair from two famous females, Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus.

Watch Carrie Online it won’t be very difficult to split everything up

Watch Escape Plan Online

Watch Gravity Online This week, Perry has been pretty busy promoting her new album, Prism, which was officially released on Tuesday, October 22. She recently headed to the iHeartRadio Theater in Burbank, California, where she was interviewed by The X Factor host Mario Lopez and also answered some queries from fans, as reported by US Weekly. While new album information is always interesting, Perry’s weird story about collecting fellow pop stars’ lovely locks is too weird not to share. "One of the first times I went to the Grammys, I got to share a dressing room with Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift. And I asked for a lock of their hair from each one of them, which is totally creepy, but awesome."

Watch One Direction This is Us Online She went on to discuss that she took the locks of hair from Swift and Cyrus (now a real-life gal pal) and totally put cute little bows around them. She has also carried the locks of hair around in her purse. The behavior may seem a little oddball—and Perry even called herself a “freak” when telling the story—but, it also probably felt like a big deal at the time to be at the Grammys in the same room with two famous faces and feel like she belonged. Plus, it seems like the gals gave up a chunk of their locks willingly, so it’s not as if she was being sneaky about her intentions.

Watch The Fifth Estate Online All in all, it’s funny to think that just a few years ago, Perry was moving away from a gospel career and trying to nab a high-end recording contract. Then, she hit it big with “I Kissed A Girl,” and in the time since, has become as big of a name in the industry as the likes of Swift and Cyrus. (Swift and Perry have even dated the same person.) Her big single, "Roar," has also been a success, and we’ll see how well she continues to do next week when Prism officially debuts on the charts.Kanye West and Kim Kardashian might be getting ready to officially unite their lives by walking down the aisle, but that doesn’t mean they’re ready to unite their finances too. Now or ever. The reality star and the musician have reportedly decided to keep separate bank accounts that they fill with their own revenue streams throughout the marriage. That way, if anything happens to the relationship.

Watch Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 Online According to TMZ, the impetus for the decision comes from numerous conversations Kim had with her late father Robert back in the day. He apparently told her over and over again that it’s incredibly important to be very up front and to spell everything out when it comes to money. It’s unclear whether he told her that should apply to marriages as well as businesses, but clearly, she took it that way, probably because she went through a divorce nightmare once already.

Watch All is Lost Online On the one hand, it’s easy to see where Kim and Kanye are coming from. They’re each more than capable of supporting themselves, and whether they’re super invested in the relationship or not, it doesn’t change the fact that the divorce rate for actresses and musicians is incredibly high. Besides, where they each keep their money shouldn’t have any kind of effect on how they feel about each other, and the two will share one joint checking account for basic day-to-day expenses.

Watch The Smurfs 2 Online “We did so much improv on this one that we can literally replace every single joke in the movie and put in alt scenes and alt improv runs. I think the editor’s working on it right now, with 250 new jokes. I think it would be really funny to put it in theatres for midnight showings. I know that I personally, if I loved a movie and someone told me that, like if Airplane! had been released with all-new jokes, I’d be like, ‘you’ve got to be fucking kidding me!’ I’d see it in a second.”

I've witnessed firsthand how much good stuff McKay winds up leaving on the cutting room floor. While visiting the set of The Other Guys I watched Michael Keaton, Rob Riggle and Damon Wayans Jr. throw out all kinds of ideas, from Keaton's character pulling out quilting patterns instead of crime scene photos to Riggle and Wayans's cop characters on the verge of making out. It was way, way too much stuff for a scene that wound up lasting about 30 seconds in the finished film, but it wasn't hard to imagine a version that went another, totally weird direction.
bellasahu582
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Open News