Pacquiao vs Bradley

try{ getFittingBoard(new Topic()); }
catch (Exception e) { postHere() };

Pacquiao vs Bradley

Postby shuohua » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:44 pm

Manny Pacquiao vs Timothy Bradley, is a Boxing Welterweight super fight. The bout will be held on June 9, 2012, at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States.

On June 9th Manny Pacquiao will be defending his WBO crown against Timothy Bradley at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. It is a fight that, for some reason, many people see as a blow out in favor of Pacquiao, and there doesn't seem that there is much buzz for this fight.

Before the HBO's 24/7 segment for Manny Pacquiao and Timothy Bradley even aired, it was dubbed by many to be boring and in no way being able to outshine that of Floyd Mayweather and Miguel Cotto's segment.

Watch Pacquiao vs Bradley online.

Pacquiao’s camp moved quickly to clarify his remarks. Pacquiao released a statement via his official website stating, "I didn’t say that, that’s a lie... I didn’t know that quote from Leviticus because I haven’t read the Book of Leviticus yet. I’m not against gay people. I have a relative who is also gay. We can’t help it if they were born that way. What I’m critical off [sic] are actions that violate the word of God. I only gave out my opinion that same sex marriage is against the law of God.”

Pacquiao told an interviewer from ABS-CBN News in the Philippines that reporter Ampong "did not even ask me for a verse from the Bible. But if he did I would have given him 1st Corinthians 6:9" which lists down activities including homosexuality that will prevent people from entering the Kingdom of God.”

Pacquiao went on to stress, "I am not angry with gays but I don't want them to sin against the law of God because homosexual offenders cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. I was talking about same sex marriages.” Manny, this didn’t help you much.

Pacquiao told people making negative comments about him to "read the Bible and know the commandments of God first and not people. God is the judge. Stop sinning."

The key will be to get off first and to stay behind the jab at all times. Bradley can't trade with Pacquiao; he's not a power puncher, and I think his chin would eventually betray him there. He'd be wise to borrow a page from Marquez and prioritize establishing outside foot position, while perhaps keeping Pacquiao a bit off balance by stepping on his foot for good measure.

Bradley is a young (28, but less tread on his tires), undefeated hot-head looking to take down arguably the best pound-for-pound boxer in the world.

On the other side of the ring, Pac-Man could very well be on the brink of retirement and will be looking to give his adoring fans a show to remember him by. If not, then Bradley's aggressive style will force Pacquiao's (very quick) hand.

No matter how we get there, this fight is going to be a barn-burner. Let's take a deeper look at that and other reasons why you must find a way to see this battle.

Pacquiao, along with trainer Freddie Roach, are back on American soil to finish Pacquiao's training camp for his welterweight title defense against junior welterweight titleholder Timothy Bradley Jr. on June 9 (HBO PPV), also at the MGM Grand.

With Mayweather-Cotto in the rearview mirror, that fight marks the next big date on the boxing calendar.

Pacquiao and Roach were greeted by a throng of fans when their Philippine Airlines Flight arrived. They will resume training on Monday at Roach's Wild Card Gym in Hollywood.

Of course, boxing fans want to see Mayweather and Pacquiao slug it out. Alas, it ain't happening, based on what Mayweather said after his victory.

Pacquiao (54-3-2, 38 KOs), boxing's only eight-division champion, wasn't concerned about what was going with Mayweather-Cotto upon his arrival. Instead, he is looking forward to the fight with Bradley (28-0, 12 KOs).
shuohua
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to OFF-Topic