opinions Edutrain Android course

try{ getFittingBoard(new Topic()); }
catch (Exception e) { postHere() };

opinions Edutrain Android course

Postby crtland » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:26 pm

I am considering taking part in the Edutrain Android development course(currently offering a promotion) and was trying to see if anyone had taken it, what they thought of it or if they would recommend it. From the outline it seems to be a well rounded course, but without sampling them it's hard to judge the overall level of instruction. It is mostly DVD based so the production quality of the DVDs and the clarity of the instructors is also an issue.

Trying to see whether it would be worth it vs some local training/course options hat are available. Any comments would be helpful. Thanks.

tom
crtland
Once Poster
Once Poster

Re: opinions Edutrain Android course

Postby michaelz » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:33 am

I'm sure you've already made your decision, but I've had success with using the book "Professional Android 2 Application Development" by Reto Meier. It's good for someone who wants to skip the basic learning about objects and such and wants to really dig into android specific stuff. It would be cheaper (i got it for 30 bucks) and its a great reference. If you know java and you're transferring from the desktop to android, I would recommend the book.
michaelz
Developer
Developer

Return to OFF-Topic