new phpBB theme

try{ getFittingBoard(new Topic()); }
catch (Exception e) { postHere() };

new phpBB theme

Postby pskink » Mon May 17, 2010 8:03 pm

hi,

today i discovered new phpBB theme. i'm not quite sure whether its nicer then old one: t's a matter of taste

however what i *really* hate is that every page is more than 250kB in length

come on guys why is so? we are here talking about android which is mobile device and there are ppl who access that site from their mobiles. can you optimize your phpBB output or at least add mobile version?

thanks
pskink
pskink
Master Developer
Master Developer

Re: new phpBB theme

Postby jsemler » Tue May 18, 2010 12:15 pm

I feel lost with this new format. The old format, IMHO, was easier to read. Now I feel like I have tunnel vision. I can't see the forest for the trees if you know what I mean.

Thanks.
jsemler
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby pskink » Tue May 18, 2010 1:32 pm

jsemler wrote:I feel lost with this new format. The old format, IMHO, was easier to read. Now I feel like I have tunnel vision. I can't see the forest for the trees if you know what I mean.

Thanks.

i know your pain...

but as i said, more important is that on opera mini every page is longer than 250kB and from that reason i'll not be able to use this site from my mobile...
pskink
pskink
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby WyriHaximus » Tue May 18, 2010 1:54 pm

Just took a quick peek and styles/dark-grunge/theme/images/Page-BgGlare.png is 115KB and styles/dark-grunge/theme/images/header.png is 75KB maybe with the right JPEG compression a lot of bandwidth can be saved :).
WyriHaximus
Freshman
Freshman

Postby pskink » Tue May 18, 2010 2:42 pm

WyriHaximus wrote:Just took a quick peek and styles/dark-grunge/theme/images/Page-BgGlare.png is 115KB and styles/dark-grunge/theme/images/header.png is 75KB maybe with the right JPEG compression a lot of bandwidth can be saved :).

90% of that huge size are .pngs images that cannot be replaced by .jpgs or .gifs since they have transparency alpha channel
pskink
pskink
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby WyriHaximus » Tue May 18, 2010 2:56 pm

pskink wrote:
WyriHaximus wrote:Just took a quick peek and styles/dark-grunge/theme/images/Page-BgGlare.png is 115KB and styles/dark-grunge/theme/images/header.png is 75KB maybe with the right JPEG compression a lot of bandwidth can be saved :).

90% of that huge size are .pngs images that cannot be replaced by .jpgs or .gifs since they have transparency alpha channel

Doh stupid your right :oops: . Well maybe using STG-Mobile http://startrekguide.com/community/view ... &sk=t&sd=a is an idea :).
WyriHaximus
Freshman
Freshman

Postby plusminus » Thu May 20, 2010 11:09 am

For now you can swap to another style in your User Control Panel, that is the same as the current one, except it doesn't have the two mobile-unfriendly pngs in the header/background.

Regards,
Nicolas
Image | Android Development Community / Tutorials
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kngbld » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:59 am

Afferin lan güzelmiş aq
kngbld
Freshman
Freshman

Postby dtommy79 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:44 am

I guess a lighter theme would be better.
dtommy79
Freshman
Freshman

Return to OFF-Topic