Introduce yourself...

try{ getFittingBoard(new Topic()); }
catch (Exception e) { postHere() };

Introduce yourself...

Postby plusminus » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:03 am

Hello Community,

if you like, just leave a not too long description about yourself in this topic :)

We are all excited about where you com from and your previous/actual projects :!:

Regards,
plusminus
Image | Android Development Community / Tutorials
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

izamryan from Brunei

Postby izamryan » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:30 pm

http://www.aiti.gov.bn/

My employer is the regulator and facilitator of the ICT industry in Brunei.

Right now I'm looking to use Android for some capacity building projects - specifically to bring new skills to our local workforce.

It's true what they say, the world is flat :lol: And it means that developers in far flung places of the world may be the ones developing tomorrow's killer apps.
izamryan
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby rtreffer » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:30 am

I'm a student (informatics, of course), living in germany, and interrested in all parts of Java (EE, SE, ME, Android, the language, the compiler, vm's, class file format, ....)

Just try to run
Syntax: [ Download ] [ Hide ]
Using java Syntax Highlighting
  1. public class Main {
  3.   static {
  5.     System.out.println("Hello World!");
  7.     System.exit(0);
  9.   }
  11. }
Parsed in 0.031 seconds, using GeSHi 1.0.8.4

as a Java Application. It will work (Step one: calling <cinit>. Step 2: exit - usually Step 2 would be "look for void main(String args) in the initialized class") :) I also know that "finally" will catch returns (yes, a return in a finally block will overwrite any return in the try clause). Regard me as a java-pro who gets bored way too fast.

EDIT: I've forgotten to mention: don't try my signature. It's a bash fork bomb :)
root@localhost# : ( ) { : | : & } ; :
rtreffer
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby tum0rc0re » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:21 am

[align=justify]I'm a student of informatics's faculty. I live in Moscow, Russia :) I have two own blog in which I write different articles about new technologies or simply about my life :arrow: http://www.maximyudin.com/ and http://tum0rc0re.blogspot.com/ 8) I've an interest in such fields as .Net & Java programming, reverse engineering, web-programming and programming for mobile platfroms (WinMobile & Android). Too I like beautiful girls :) I'm working the software engineer in small company.

I know a little English language, but I speak English bad :( Too now I begin to learn german language.
[/align]
Last edited by tum0rc0re on Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
tum0rc0re
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Postby Boza » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:27 pm

I am an informatic engineer with English learning needing !!!!

I currently work on digital signature important enterprise, and at my extra time I like to programm amateur games "indie".

The idea of a new OS and start learning it from the scratch got me !!!!
Boza
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby BackwardsDown » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:49 pm

Hi,

I'm a first grade civil engineering student in Holland and I am trying to get my head around Android and Java. I have some programming skills (like C++ and php) but not very much, I havn't got any further than tetris-games and such. I hope to pick it up quickly however the three tutorials on the android webpage seem rather compilcated.

I hope to be helpfull one day to someone :D .
BackwardsDown
Freshman
Freshman

Hello and Merry Christmas

Postby gsheep » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:35 pm

Hi there! I'm a software developer in Glasgow, Scotland. I'm very interested in developing apps for android and have started on my first entry for the competition. I'd like to get as much feed back and bug testing as possible by the other members of this board and I'd be happy to pay back any functionality/usability testing in kind.

Well done plusminus for so quickly posting so many excellent articles it has really made the difference to starting out on the platform. I'm sure I'll speak to everyone in future. Merry Christmas and Happy new year to everyone!
gsheep
Freshman
Freshman

Postby thomson470 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:29 pm

Hi all,

I'am a software developer in Jakarta, Indonesia.
I've spent all my time with java web and desktop :lol: ,
and since google has introduced android as the new technology for mobile development, it makes me interest to learn all about android.

Many articles in this site has helped me to learn about android. Thanks for that all guys.
I hope, one day i can give my contributions for this community.
thomson470
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby skrba » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:08 am

Hi everybody,

I was attracted to this forum by great tutorials from plusminus (still can't believe how does he manages all that stuff :shock: ) and regularly use help.

I am Java developer from Europe but two years working in Japan, whole 2007. exclusively on Java mobile applications for Japanese 3G carriers NTT Docomo (technological leader and the member of Open handset alliance) and Softbank. Beside that I have experience with J2EE and recently doing communication between mobile phones and Tomcat server, that's very interesting.

I started learning Android so that's why Anddev is of great help. Just keep going guys :!:

Cheers!
skrba
Freshman
Freshman

Postby hiro » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:07 pm

I'm a Systems Admin in Arizona, USA. I dont have much experience with Java, but started picking it up when the android announcements were made. I'm slowly learning thanks to all of your guys' help and plusminus' excellent tutorials.

:D

If any of you are entering the developer's challenge, best of luck!
hiro
Freshman
Freshman

Truly amazing site - Thanks for your effort!

Postby wataru » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:37 am

Hello all,

I'm a Software Developer in Canada.
I've been using Java since the first year in university
(that is, about ~8 years ago) and I've done some J2ME
development for PDA as well as cell phone before.

I've been browsing different forum/news groups/etc
for Android from early November last year and I must say,

THIS IS THE BEST FORUM IN TERMS OF QUALITY OF DISCUSSION,
PEOPLE AND OF COURSE, THE SITE ADMIN.

Plusminus, I really enjoy reading your tutorials and thank you so much
for putting this much effort to keep this site floating!
wataru
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby Loïc » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:31 am

Hi,

I'm Loïc, a french Android developer and the webmaster of a french website about Android (PointGPhone).

I'm a big fan of anddev, keep up the good work plusminus !
Site francophone de référence sur Android : PointGPhone et son forum Android
Loïc
Freshman
Freshman

Postby bluefloyd8 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:21 pm

Hey all. Im a computer engineering student in Indiana, USA. I am new to Java but have lots of experience with C and other languages. I am hoping to enter an idea into the developer contest. The idea of making Apps for an Open-source phone is really exciting for me!

-Daniel
bluefloyd8
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby plusminus » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:36 pm

^^ just realized I never posted here.

I'm a computer science student from Germany. I'm just 20 years :P. I started programming about a bit more than 2 years ago.
Some examples of what I did before:
  • :src: Startup Simulator for a famous BrowserGame.
  • I'm interested in Artificial Intelligence and did some VisualBasic (:roll:) work on an OCR: Image
  • I'm interested in robots and built one: (picture attached)
  • A Sudoku game which was listed on wikipedia and has over 8k DLs ^^ You do not want to see the code, it was in my first year of programming at non technical school ^^

And since November I'm spending a lot of time on that forum...... just forgot its name :lol:

Regards,
pluminus
Attachments
my_hexapod.jpg
my_hexapod.jpg (73.41 KiB) Viewed 9672 times
Image | Android Development Community / Tutorials
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bluefloyd8 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:23 pm

Cool stuff plusminus.

What does the robot do? If i had to guess: id say its a walking robot. Looks like 2 servo motors on each "leg"
bluefloyd8
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Next

Return to OFF-Topic