Academy Awards 2012 live stream - Watch online free

try{ getFittingBoard(new Topic()); }
catch (Exception e) { postHere() };

Academy Awards 2012 live stream - Watch online free

Postby shuohua » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:17 pm

Academy Awards 2012 live stream - Watch Academy Awards 2012 online free on your PC, iPad, iPhone, Mobile, Android, iPod Touch and laptop.

Watch Academy Awards 2012 live stream online HD video. Watch Oscar Awards 2012 live stream online.

The 84th Academy Awards ceremony, hosted by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS), will honor the best films of 2011. The ceremony will take place on February 26, 2012 (4:00 p.m. PST, 7:00 p.m. EST), at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood, California.

Academy Awards 2012 live stream.

Academy Awards live stream. The winner of the first Oscar in May 1929 for the best actor was a dog. Yes, a dog, Rin Tin Tin. However, he never got his paws on the Oscar. The Academy, which consisted of 36 members at the time compared to the 5,783 members today, was a bit taken back by Rin Tin Tin’s win.

Academy Awards 2012 live. In fact, they were down right chagrined by their vote. Sure Rin Tin Tin was a big box office draw and beloved by moviegoers, but was he deserving of the very first acting Oscar?

Watch Academy Awards 2012 online. So the runner up received the statuette instead, Emil Jannings for “The Way of All Flesh” and “The Last Command,” both silent movies.

Watch Academy Awards online. However, Jannings had already headed back to Germany, picking up his Oscar early, so he missed the Awards dinner hosted by silent screen star and swashbuckler, Douglas Fairbanks.

Academy Awards 2012 live stream. So if the public can’t vote for their favorites, just who are these people who do? First they must be a member of the exclusive Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences.

Academy Awards live stream. And you can’t just fill out a membership form and join, even if you have your SAG card.

Watch Academy Awards 2012 online. You must have been nominated for an Oscar (even if you didn’t win) or you are elected by two other current members in your field. Actually it may be easier to get nominated than selected the second way.

Academy Awards 2012 live stream.That means it is basically an insiders’ game with heavy hitters like Stephen Spielberg, but also people you never heard of such as producers and set builders. A minority of the Academy are actors or even directors.

“I've met a lot of people on this wonderful circuit,” agrees Spencer, though she’s happy to retain a little awe in her encounters. “It's just a bunch of really normal people who happen to be named Glenn Close and George Clooney and Brad Pitt. And sometimes you just find yourself kind of ogling them – and I still do. But they've been very gracious throughout this whole thing. I think I've kind of mauled everyone thus far.”

Sometimes encounters with the stars you revere go swimmingly, as in “Descendants” director Alexander Payne’s scenario: “I was at the Golden Globes a couple weeks ago and met Meryl Streep, and it was a thrill for 45 seconds to have those laughing eyes look at me,” Payne recalls. “And I did tell her 'Many people in this room tonight are slinging around versions of this phrase, but I'd love to get my mitts on you someday.' And she laughed and she took it in the spirit in which I offered it. That was a thrill for me. I do get star-struck from time to time. And I had 45 seconds of being star-struck meeting Meryl Streep.”
shuohua
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to OFF-Topic