20% off AVCHD to DNxHD-Import Sony NEX-F3 AVCHD to Avid MC
Hot Sales! Now you can get 20% off MTS/M2TS converter win/mac version on Pavtube 2012 Summer Special Offer.
Summary: The article below will tell you about Sony NEX-F3 AVCHD workflow for Avid Media Composer. First convert AVCHD MTS to Avid DNxHD (*.mov), then Import Sony NEX-F3 AVCHD/MTS to Avid MC (Avid Media Composer) for editing on Windows or Mac.
"Recently I'm trying to edit a bunch of (lovely) footage from the new Sony NEX F3 and having trouble getting it into the Avid Media Composer... I'm on a MBP 2.8 Intel 2 duo. Running AMC 5.5.2. When I try and get the footage I get the 'unable link to file or Volume' it was a pretty simple workflow in FCP, which I'd rather not use...would any of you bright sparks have an idea? Thanks in advance."
If you usually edit videos, you may know that MTS and M2TS format is not friendly with many editing softwar, like Avid. Avid Media Composer doesn't support MTS/M2TS files well because of the codec and frame rate, you may encounter many problems when you try to import or edit Sony camera recorded videos.
Is there an easy way to edit Sony NEX-F3 MTS/M2TS in Avid Media Composer?
The best way is that you need to convert Sony NEX-F3 AVCHD MTS to Avid MC supported file format, Avid best supported video format is DNxHD codec MOV format, so it's the first choice if you need to edit Sony NEX-F3 in Avid Media Composer, you can follow the guide below.
1. Download Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac, it's an excellent Mac Sony Alpha DSLR MTS/M2TS to Avid converter.
You can also try Free MTS/M2TS converter for Mac from iTunes app store, this freeware has some limitations on output format, like Apple ProRes codec for FCP is not supported.
2. Run Pavtube AVCHD to Avid MC Converter, Click "Add" to load Sony NEX-F3 video files or directly drag the files into file list.
3. Click "Format" bar to determine output format. The program offers particular output formats for Avid. Just click the format bar and choose "Avid Media Composer -> Avid DNxHD 720p (*.mov)".
4. If you would like to customize the video and audio parameters, you can click "settings", adjust the parameters as you want, like Video Codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sampling rate, bit rate, channels.
5. Click "Convert" to start convert Sony NEX-F3 AVCHD to Avid DNxHD (*.mov) for Avid Media Composer editing on Windows or Mac.
The software can help you to convert Sony NEX-F3 to Avid MOV video at a short time if the file not so big. Video and audio quality and synchronization are perfectly guaranteed, you can also read more guides in Pavtube MTS column.