TaylorMade R1 Driver & R11s Driver Review

Basic Tutorials concerning: GUI, Views, Activites, XML, Layouts, Intents, ...

TaylorMade R1 Driver & R11s Driver Review

Postby Angelbabysister » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:19 am

TaylorMade have unveiled their new R1 driver, the follow-up product to the massively-successful R11S.

TaylorMade R1

The TaylorMade R1 Driver has been designed with 12 loft options and seven face angle settings, as well as the brand's famous movable weight technology – but despite the high level of adjustability, it's an intuitive bit of kit that is straight forward to use.

"Offering a wide range of loft settings is imperative, because our research indicates that 80% of golfers are playing the wrong loft, which costs them distance," said Dr Benoit Vincent, chief technical officer. cheap golf clubs "The R1 offers 12 positions to help golfers find the loft that delivers the launch conditions that deliver maximum distance."

There are seven standard loft positions, and five upright ones, while golfers can also change the face angle to sit in one of the following positions – neutral square, open, medium-open, maximum-open, closed, medium-closed and maximum-closed.

In addition to the easier-to-use adjustability, the driver features an innovative crown design following consultation with Dr Steve Hitzeman, a professor of sports optometry. The combination of white, black, grey and orange on the crown helps the golfer with alignment, while the sizeable head inspires confidence at address.

TaylorMade R11s

Unlike a lot of the other adjustable drivers, the TaylorMade R11s Driver looks normal at address when it's adjusted to the higher and lower lofts. The majority of adjustable drivers just feel a bit off when they are in non-neutral positions, but R11S doesn't have this same problem. The R11S feels completely natural at all of the adjustability combinations that I've tested. Having independent loft and face-angle adjustments is a huge plus in dialing in the club.

The look of the club is aesthetically appealing and I'm a fan of the matte-white club head. Everyone either seems to love or hate the white and I clearly fall in the love camp. The club simply looks great and the contrast of the white club head is a big plus for me.

I've also really come to appreciate the black face on the driver. The black face is invaluable in seeing exactly where contact was made with the ball and it offers great feedback while tweaking things on the range and seeing patterns in ball-striking on the course.

The experience of sticking the R11S in the bag has been great. The sound of the club is good, mis-hits are forgiving, TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Irons and the club offers great workability with plenty of adjustment options. TaylorMade has put together a great club and I'd highly recommend getting this club in the bay if you're looking to pick up a new driver. I don't think you’ll be dissapointed.
Angelbabysister
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Return to Novice Tutorials