Simple Tuorials on Android Development

Basic Tutorials concerning: GUI, Views, Activites, XML, Layouts, Intents, ...

Simple Tuorials on Android Development

Postby saigeethamn » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:38 am

Hi,

I see that Android has grown so rapidly in the last couple of years that all the material available is mature and helpful for the already android-educated.

For a novice, the android official documentation is the best. However, when I was trying to learn the very basics, I found that very simple tutorials with sample code for each new concept would be a wonderful way to introduce the many "NEW" aspects like intent and intent filters etc.

So, here I have created a few tutorials and thought it might be useful for those really new to android (this list is growing rapidly).

You may access the first 3 parts of a series of tutorials at the following links:
The part 1 introduces you to the basic jargon like intent, activity, service, content provider viewable at Android Fundamentals
- on fundamental jargon

Part 2 gives you a very simple example on explicit intent accessible here

Part 3 explains and demonstrates implicit intents accesbile along with complete source code downloadablehere

Part 4 gives code snippets for invoking native applications of google through implicit intents, accessible here

Part 5 shows how you can invoke one activity from another and get back a result from the second activity into the first. You can view it
here

I have added a few tutorials for local service, notification, remote service etc. at Android Tutorial

Thanks
Last edited by saigeethamn on Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:51 am, edited 5 times in total.
A person who loves to share my ten cents of knowledge
http://saigeethamn.blogspot.com
saigeethamn
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby WarrenFaith » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:21 pm

If you are interested to make more tutorials and to share them on a blog dedicated to android development, contact me and i will give you access to post on my android development blog.
I'm still looking for guys to make a team of independent developer who love to share their knowledge.
WarrenFaith

Postby saigeethamn » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:11 am

Hi Warrenfaith,

It sounds like a good idea. I will certainly be creating a few more tutorials. So, when I do, I can probably share it at your site as well.
A person who loves to share my ten cents of knowledge
http://saigeethamn.blogspot.com
saigeethamn
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby TuxBobble » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:24 am

Thanks a lot! I've only just started looking at them since I'm at work, but it looks very promising.

I appreciate the tutorials going up for all of us new Android developers!
TuxBobble
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to Novice Tutorials