Simple Login for Android (G1)

Basic Tutorials concerning: GUI, Views, Activites, XML, Layouts, Intents, ...

Re: Simple Login for Android (G1)

Postby songotho » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:44 am

niccloud wrote:Hi. I am new to android. Quite noob. But when i try to enter a new user_id and password, it throws up an error stating that invalid user and password. From what i see in the database, the password seems to be encrypted somehow, could you enlighten me as to the method to go about this issue.

Hi,
In fact, If the password in your database have been encryted by MD5, after the password which users type, you can get and change to MD5 before comparing with the password in database.
Best regard,
Alex
songotho
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby niccloud » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:21 am

Sorry for sounding a little noob. But when i tried manually inserting data into the database and use the new login, the login starts to fail on me throwing me back to a notice "Invalid User or pass". Is there any way for me to insert new data into the database and allow it to work?
niccloud
Freshman
Freshman

Postby angloblaxon » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:19 am

you dont understand how much this thread helped me with my little project. One more n00bish question tho. I want in include a remember me option when logging in the android device. This way it can store the info and the app can look for that before starting up the rest of this. Whats the best way to achieve this? perhaps a sample if you dont mind.

if not i want to thank you for the wonder information i already read in this thread!
angloblaxon
Freshman
Freshman

Postby outlaw4freedom » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:03 pm

google auth method seems to be broke?
outlaw4freedom
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Reverb » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:32 am

How would one go about getting all the data from the mysql database? So that the I can store the data locally on a SQLite database.
Reverb
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby songotho » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:49 am

Reverb wrote:How would one go about getting all the data from the mysql database? So that the I can store the data locally on a SQLite database.

Hi,
The best way is that you need make one web service for mobile interacting with your mysql database and then you can store all of data which you want to SqlLite in mobile.
Regard,
Alex
songotho
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby ajaypatelaj » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:18 am

www.engiguide.com/.../android/android-r ... php-mysql/

check this link .. you will get all you want
ajaypatelaj
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby ajaypatelaj » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:00 am

Visit http://www.engiguide.com/7-engi-stuff/android/android-remote-database-login-with-php-mysql/

will get what you want also .. download source code ...:D

JonnySnip3r wrote:Hey guys im new to java and could anyone show me how to make a simple login system? where the username and passwords are store in variables ? or if its not to much trouble using a database i have no idea how to do this .

the reason why i have asked for this is because it would show me how an "if" statement also could you maybe have it where when the user logs in it shows a message "Hello and welcome user" then goes to the next window (where you put the rest of the app) else "you have failed to login")

if this seems weird lol its because im a VB coder and getting grips with a new code is strange haha

thankyou guys :) i will really appreciate this
ajaypatelaj
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Previous

Return to Novice Tutorials