Simple Clock

Basic Tutorials concerning: GUI, Views, Activites, XML, Layouts, Intents, ...

Simple Clock

Postby rpw421 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:19 am

Excuse my lack of understanding as I am learning the java environment slowly, but as a first "learning experience program", I am looking to create a simple clock in a text read-out. I am basically trying to make it as simple as possible, the page should only read "The current time is *time*". I am lost, any help would be appreciated. I also searched with no results, I found a chronometer class, but it seems quite difficult for me to understand as of now.
rpw421
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Re: Simple Clock

Postby androidjutsu » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:53 am

Have you tried using a simple TextView and the Android Developers: Time class class?
rpw421 wrote:Excuse my lack of understanding as I am learning the java environment slowly, but as a first "learning experience program", I am looking to create a simple clock in a text read-out. I am basically trying to make it as simple as possible, the page should only read "The current time is *time*". I am lost, any help would be appreciated. I also searched with no results, I found a chronometer class, but it seems quite difficult for me to understand as of now.
androidjutsu
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby rpw421 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:42 am

That should do it, basically I just embed the Time class within my main method and it should work? I'll try it out today, thanks for the help!
rpw421
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby rpw421 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:58 pm

I figured it out, thanks for the help.
rpw421
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to Novice Tutorials