Request Tutorials Here !

Basic Tutorials concerning: GUI, Views, Activites, XML, Layouts, Intents, ...

Re: Request Tutorials Here !

Postby cogalian » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:30 pm

Hello I would like to know how to connect a layout file like main.xml to a class, I used the
setContentView(R.layout.main2);
function to call my second layout and it works but I dont know how to make it work with a class that I made for this layout, I have a button and some edittext and when I press the button nothing happens... Can someone make a tutorial on how to make it work please?
cogalian
Developer
Developer

Postby ekarock26 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:41 am

I want to create android application map using google map ...
to display the map coordinates that will take the longitude and latitude of the sqlite database ...
please can anyone help me?
I do not find a tutorial anywhere

I'm so frustrated

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
ekarock26
Freshman
Freshman

Postby droopie » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:29 pm

i opened a new thread with help on this BUT i didnt see this and perhaps this might help me more...

i would like a very easy app done in either eclipse or app inventor that displays a couple sets of 2 of images to stream from my hosted online domain to be displayed on the android app. sounds simple enough but i am new to this and dont know where to start. im sure its not as easy as src for websites and i am very new to android making. hope someone helps!
droopie
Freshman
Freshman

xml pull parser, DOM, Jason

Postby Pravy » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:58 am

Hi.. I wish some simple tutorial for XML parsing techniques such as XML PULL PARSING, DOM and JASON would be really helpful for the beginners like me. :) tutorial for the SAX parsing is already available and i found it very helpful. :D Thanks in advance. :)
Pravy
Freshman
Freshman

Postby hardartcore » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:30 am

I need to find the way to decrypt images in Android with AES.The things that I need to do are these :

1.Find the right and quickest way to decrypt the files - (A) to saved files, (B) to the memory (which is more important)

2.Create a test case scenario which decrypts the files in a cycle several times - and creates a log file - which saves the time for decryption in milliseconds - for each file (showing [file-size-milliseconds] in each run).

I need to find out how quick these files can be decrypted 'on-the-fly'.

I've been searched over the internet for something like that but no success.Is there someone who can help me to find a good example or show me a sample of code which can help me to do this?

Thanks anyway!
hardartcore
Freshman
Freshman

Postby goranbm » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:33 pm

Hello. I am noob to Android programing, and I am trying to make a simple app for loging to this page

https://www.bonbon.com.hr/home

Can it be done ? This woudl be my first step, second would be using a web sms service from that page.....

Please provide with link and info about tutorials for this. Thank you in advance :)
goranbm
Once Poster
Once Poster

Re: Request Tutorials Here ! - SMS Intent

Postby Rimaz » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:14 am

It is very useful If some one can add a tutorial, "how to Open an Android App by a specific SMS and the application should display the information which came along with the SMS"
Rimaz
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby wdyz » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:15 pm

Hi, admin!

Could you give me tutorial, please...about a application that check missed call that just happened than it will automatic send message to the phone number who has missed call.

wdyz
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby kitez » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:41 pm

hello, i want to know how to save location (gps,maybe) to database and how to retrieve it like the car locator app.

thx for your help... :D
kitez
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby zilvar2k11 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:32 pm

I'm interested in seeing a tutorial on how to make composite views (I guess that's the right way to say it) that will work with the Gallery widget.

Specifically, I'm interested in a gallery widget where each view is a composite of a textview, a clickable image, and another textview.
zilvar2k11
Freshman
Freshman

Postby norro » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:29 pm

i want to change my themes by runtime changing all activities with two buttons.
i cant find any tutorials !!!
norro
Freshman
Freshman

Postby olympiatr » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:56 am

hi there,
congratulations for this site, really good. i am also VB/VBA programmer but recently i got a Android phone and its really made me interest over it. i believe that simple project targets may improve the programmer. anyway, just figurin out of around cell flash or cencor led may blink over network signal strength. for ex: strong=red, middle=orange, weak=yellow leds gonna blink every 3-5 secs over my Android phone's charge or senson leds. i tried over 2 days, i got some success around network signal strength, i think some samples about this. (new programmers may discover Android phone anatomy and may get some clues about "permissions" etc. by this tutorial ) regards... ;)
I luv Andro ))
olympiatr
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby redbulletnl » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:30 pm

hi,

the admins are death :o
they dont response anymore @ this forum
redbulletnl
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Email apps with file browser for atttacment file

Postby zchellpy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:57 pm

Email Apps with file browser for attchment file (jpeg/png/*) that we can choose it in file browser, because am already make email apps but am so confusing to call my file in my storage.

Please help me.... :) and sorry if my english so bad coz i am from indonesia :)

Regards
zchellpy
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby Justin_Time » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:17 am

Hello everyone

im new to this webiste and creating applications for android so any help or direction would be great. I was looking for an app that can login into a website then search the source code for a certain number and notify me if it/is not there. just send me a private message if someone can point me in the right direction.

Cheers Justin_Time
Justin_Time
Once Poster
Once Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Novice Tutorials