Request Tutorials Here !

Basic Tutorials concerning: GUI, Views, Activites, XML, Layouts, Intents, ...

Re: Request Tutorials Here !

Postby Nia » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:37 am

hi thanks for this amazing site :)
i wanted to clear cache of my own app..
ie i dont want users to hv the trouble to the following -
"Settings --> Apps --> Manage Apps --> "My App" --> Clear Cache" insteacd i want to give it as menu option in the app itself..
can u pls help me out in this
Also how exactly does one use -"android.permission.DELETE_CACHE_FILES"

thanks again
Nia
Freshman
Freshman

Postby aka47 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:27 am

Hi, I request you to please upload Poker Game Tutorial of Android and Blackberry because i am going to start Game Programming for Android and Blackberry, i will be very thankful to you.
aka47
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby Zael » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:51 pm

Thread vs. Handler vs. Timer

I have seen all three used, and I would really like clarity on when I should use which. A tutorial or discussion about Thread vs. Handler vs. Timer would be greatly appreciated by me.

Also when to use Drawable vs Bitmap would be nice. Is a Bitmap faster to paint but harder to draw on directly? What separates these two?

Just things I would like clarified.
Zael
Freshman
Freshman

Postby mr.pilou » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:27 pm

Hello,

I saw your great Tutorail on Http Post
Could you make one on the http GET?

I'm new in android dev and i'm trying to make an app to connect login to a site using à 64bits encoding of the header
to parse th Json that it will give me...
kind of hard to understand(for me)..

thx
mr.pilou
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Secant » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:03 am

Hi I'm new to the Android platform but I've been able to learn quite a bit already. There is one thing bugging me at the moment and I cannot seem to find an obvious answer without searching deeply through all of Google's code and I was wondering if somebody could help. I do apologize if this is the wrong place for this post, please move it if it is, but I figured it could be a good Novice tutorial.

Essentially what I have right now is an app with an edit box and a button that takes the string and uses an Intent and the SearchManager to launch the browser and search Google for the string. This is easy enough I found the code on some other forum. However, what I would like to do is to perform a search and only receive the first url Google's search shows. I tried just parsing the page source but Google's page is not that simple. I think what needs to be done is to some how get the search manager to start the search without launching the browser and many instead have a Cursor collect all the URLs or even just the first. Maybe a Cursor isn't what I need I just THINK.. it is, limited knowledge and all. Essentially I would like to make a button that mirrors the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button on Google. Hopefully there is just some function that does that. Even better would be in I could get the function to just return the URL and then later allow me to launch the page in my own custom WebView, for learnings sake.
Secant
Freshman
Freshman

Postby porelsoumen » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:01 pm

Please provide a tutorial for creating a pdf reader.

Thanks
porelsoumen
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby FrozenSnake » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:55 pm

I would like to see a tutorial for how to set up this "SDL port for Android SDK/NDK 1.6" from step 1. The thread really didn't have a guide how to set it up and I haven't done it before. I have installed andLinux but don't understand what to download and how to set it up in the linux enviorment.

I am reading the readme that comes with the zipfile (branch a57f8e3). But googleing for "Ant" and hope to find what I look for isn't the easiest as I have no clue what Ant is nor how to set it up on the linux emulator (I ain't a native linux user)

So if any kind soul could help me (and possibly others) with setting it up so we can start learning would be nice!
FrozenSnake
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby adameve24 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:10 pm

i want a bestest tutorial for adb commands, not only adb commands but for am tool, service tool, surfaceflinger also.
Each and everything should be covered.
adameve24
Developer
Developer

Re:Change src of ImageView using a Button

Postby digeridootwo » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:09 am

I wish, I wish, I wish someone can post the code to change the src of an ImageView using a Button OnClick event.

Thanks. :roll:
digeridootwo
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby junyanyap » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:34 am

Hi,

I am currently working on a login page.
After the user inputs the fields "email" and "password", they can choose either "sign up" or "log in".
I am currently using SQLite as my database.

Am wondering how can i link my login page to my database, in the sense that, when the user presses "log in", the app will access the database to check whether it is a valid "email" and "password", if correct, the homepage of the app will load, if incorrect, give an error message.

For the sign up button, it will just direct the user to another page, where they can register.

Anyone can help? Cause i am new to android and java programming.

THanks Alot!
junyanyap
Freshman
Freshman

Postby dineshprjpt » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:51 am

Need tutorial on the 2-way call recording
Regards
Dinesh
dineshprjpt
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Seyfer » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:50 am

Hello!

Please, i need tutorial how to create small Android (version 2+) application.

Android app for counting the time elapsed since a particular event. The user can add events.
For example the event "not smoke" from a certain date. The program should create an event with the text: "{event name} for {X} days {Y} hours {Z} minutes".

My ICQ 319606765
Skype seyferseed
Seyfer
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby elvendros » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:53 am

Hey, I'm looking for a tutorial and how to move forward, like software or hardware required to create an Android App
elvendros
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby OHSWE » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:39 pm

Hi!

I am new to Android and i am looking for an example/tutorial that solves the following (probably simple) problem:

In my app I have three imagebuttons. And when I press the button the image should change. And when I release the button the image should change back again. So as long as I press the button the appearance of the button should change. And the same thing should happend when I press a key, for example as long as I press the "1"-key the first of my three button should change appearance (the buttons image should change).

I have tried but failed. :-) So if anyone could help me i would be happy!

/Oskar
OHSWE
Freshman
Freshman

Postby isitafox » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:58 am

Hi, I have a Dell Streak and hate the fact you cannot set an orientation other than landscape so want to create an app like an orientation lock but where you choose which way round you want the screen locked. Where do I start??
isitafox
Once Poster
Once Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Novice Tutorials