Request Tutorials Here !

Basic Tutorials concerning: GUI, Views, Activites, XML, Layouts, Intents, ...

Postby taron » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:21 pm

Hello,

What about a tutorial on SMS/MMS management? I mean send SMS/MMS (by taking recipients from contatcs manager), show list of received messages and even something else :)

I think this could be helpful to a lot of people.

Thanks.
taron
Once Poster
Once Poster

Building Custom Android Components

Postby kosirm » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:07 am

There is some basic info on Building Custom Android Components (http://code.google.com/android/toolbox/ ... nents.html) but I see room for more detailed explanation of custom component building steps...
kosirm
Freshman
Freshman

Examples of POST and GET

Postby cmendes0101 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:38 pm

Just like a simple tutorial showing how to send a POST and receive the response, and then just how to receive a response from GET.
Found the reference from google, but not sure how to actually use or implement it.

http://code.google.com/android/referenc ... ethod.html
http://code.google.com/android/referenc ... ethod.html
cmendes0101
Freshman
Freshman

Face detection

Postby faceman » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:06 pm

I am very curious about the face detection built into Android SDK. I am not a Java programmer so I am somewhat hesitant to dive into Android.

Does anyone know what the Face Detector in Android is based on? NevenVision perhaps?

A tutorial showing how to use face detection with still images would be great. Under the Advanced Tutorial section there is an example "Using CameraPreview to save a picture onto disk" showing how to capture an image from the camera. This works and might serve as a good starting point, but obviously without access to a camera it isn't going to be useful. For now, loading a still image and running FaceDetector on that would be helpful.

It would be a plus if the tutorial could show how to pull frames off of a pre-recorded video and run FaceDetector on the frames of video.

Thanks in advance for considering this tutorial.
faceman
Freshman
Freshman

drag&drop

Postby kosirm » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:17 pm

Basic tutorial on drag&drop functionality in android would be very nice: how to drag&drop something on map, or how to drag&drop listview items,... If this is already explained somewhere, please just leave me a link to it.
kosirm
Freshman
Freshman

content provider

Postby space_pope » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:44 am

I would like to see a tutorial for making a new content provider. Some file types (like .torrent) aren't supported so you need to make a new content provider, define a new MIME type, and make an intent-filter in AndroidManifest.xml so your application is launched when the file type is encountered. The Note Pad example does some of this, but it's complicated and there's a lot of things to mess up in this process, so a simple example would be great!
space_pope
Once Poster
Once Poster

Extend tutorial for Camera capturing

Postby venkat » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:23 pm

Dear Plusminus,
Can u extend your tutorial for Camera Capturing?? Because this tutorial is very useful to many people who wants to learn how Camera will work on mobile. :)

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
venkat.
Last edited by venkat on Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
venkat
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Postby hugopicado » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:33 am

Hi everyone!!!

I would like to have a tutorial on TCP sockets.

Thanks in advance!!
Hugo.
hugopicado
Freshman
Freshman

Postby russoue » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:00 am

Dachhel wrote:It would be nice to have a basic example which uses XMPP for interaction between several mobile phones. If someone knew a good link where I can learn about using XMPP, I would be glad too.

Hello plusminus, as Dachhel I would also like to see a basic tutorial on XMPP.
russoue
Freshman
Freshman

Postby venkat » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:34 am

Hi plusminus,
can u do any tutorial on client server communication. for example, through mobile is it possible to store my files to my own server(HTTP server) . Can u tell me how it's possible.

Thanks and regards,
venkat.
venkat
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Postby venkat » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:35 am

Dear +/- , can u extend tutorial for Camera preview. Can u tell me how to draw Image on Camera Preview and if i store Camera preview Image , i want both I image combine together and i will store as a Single Image.

Thanks and regards,
venkat.
venkat
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

XMPP Tutorial

Postby gsmith53 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:46 pm

I'd like to second the thought for a tutorial on XMPP interation. I've got the SMS stuff figured out, thanks to the tutorial from this site, now If I could only get the XMPP stuff working in the emulator, that would be perfect.
gsmith53
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Lex » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:28 am

A tutorial about XMPP would be really great !
Lex
Developer
Developer

UpLoad Files.

Postby venkat » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:08 am

Dear PlusMinus,
Can u Make tutorial on Http Connection. For example ,i need to upload files from emulator to server( Http Server). Can u help me how to do that.

Thanks and Regards, :)
Venkat.
venkat
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

android.provider.Settings.System

Postby jns » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:29 am

Dear Plusminus,
Can you give me a tutorial for android.provider.Settings.System?? For example ,i need to change wallpaper from my provider. Can you help me ?

Thanks in advance, :)

Regards,
jns.
jns
Freshman
Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to Novice Tutorials