What you learn: You will learn how to catch/replace the DIAL-Action that is broadcasted, when one starts typing numbers on the emulator-'desktop'.
Difficulty: 1 of 5
Questions/Problems: Simply post below...
- Register the Activity you want your app to listen to it in the AndroidManifest.xml in the following way:
- Run the app once and close it (just that it gets installed on the emulator).
- On the emulator-"desktop" start typing some numbers.
- The system will ask you which one of two available activities you want to use to handle the DIAL-Action:
- the 1st one is the "Contacts" standard system activity
- the 2nd one should be yours