New guy - what the the best way to share projects?

Basic Tutorials concerning: GUI, Views, Activites, XML, Layouts, Intents, ...

New guy - what the the best way to share projects?

Postby potato » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:10 am

I want to work on Android projects with someone else. I have no experience in a corporate environment. I've only done school projects and stuff. I'm pretty good with Java so I guess that's a good start. I figured I'd might as well try a few hello worlds first. I've done the one on the official Android Developers site. What I really want to end up doing is maybe something for my school. Maybe a simple game or something that parses the school's blog. So my question is, how do I share a project with someone that I will be developing with? I was thinking of using Dropbox to sync files, but I'm not sure how to use it for this purpose ... is there a better way? I don't think I'll use something like sharepoint.

td;dr

I'm new, I want a way to share my project with someone who can also made edits.
potato
Freshman
Freshman

Re: New guy - what the the best way to share projects?

Postby Ath » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:07 am

Have a look at SVN or GIT for source code management (scm, CVS is really outdated), and you can quite easily share at code.google.com or sourceforge.net, there are others as well but for Android, google is most often used.
Register there and share your projects as you like, with the people you like/need.
/Ath
Ath
Developer
Developer

Re: New guy - what the the best way to share projects?

Postby vengeance_mj » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:44 pm

You can even try out Mercurial who have a plugin for eclipse and use bitbucket to host all your Mercurial repositories.
vengeance_mj
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Return to Novice Tutorials