Lookin to learn . . .

Basic Tutorials concerning: GUI, Views, Activites, XML, Layouts, Intents, ...

Lookin to learn . . .

Postby zakelectric » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:36 am

Hi there, my name's Zach. Nice to meet you :)

Well I've got some great ideas for apps that I'd like to build, hopefully make a little money on the side. I studied a little bit of coding for microprocessors and wrote a couple very simple programs, and think I read the first 5 pages of a C++ book a long time ago. Basically I have no experience in coding.

I've installed Eclipse, the SDK, made my first Hello World, and spent the last couple hours watching the google I/O videos. Doesn't seem like it's too difficult a system to learn. My downfall is I don't know any Java, so I'm looking for basically a crash course in it, seems like one could get by with fairly rudimentary Java skills to make some simple apps.

I'm hoping someone could point me in the right direction as far as the Java goes. What worked for you?
zakelectric
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Lookin to learn . . .

Postby ulatec » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:46 am

To be completely honest, after I got lost with the start of Eclipse, I watch this video quite some time back on youtube.
Yes, it is quite long, but the instructor goes over almost every bit of information with logical sequences. You will definitely love it =)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm-hNlTD1H0
ulatec
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Re: Lookin to learn . . .

Postby zakelectric » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:48 pm

Awesome, ill be sure to watch that when I'm not on my phone. I actually started watchin newboston's beginner java series on yyoutube. Figured I need to learn java before I do anything else. For anyone with a question like mine that is a great place to start. Also, watch the android developer videos in the top of this forum, they're great
zakelectric
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Novice Tutorials