JAVA CHALLENGES!!!- Dont just watch or read...

Basic Tutorials concerning: GUI, Views, Activites, XML, Layouts, Intents, ...

JAVA CHALLENGES!!!- Dont just watch or read...

Postby Fresh83 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:23 am

If your anything like me you've watched a ton of tutorials and while they all make sense in the moment by the next morning it all blurs together and while you might of gained a understanding of the concept you couldnt write the code without assistance to save your life. There are alot of great resources on the internet for learning Android but, not enough hands on stuff that forces you to think . So I decided to start going through good resources and tutorials and start making challenges for them.

They are intended for use AFTER you watch or read the original tutorial ive linked to but, your free to try them cold turkey.The way I use them is I watch the video tutorial, follow along and then the next day I do the challenge to make sure it sunk in and i wasnt just mindlessly following along Im going to try to post up a new challenge from the "theNewBoston" intermediate series every other day until there all done. If you use this or like these/ have suggestions to improve them please leave comments. It just feels good to know someones getting use out of these.

http://droiddevdictionary.blogspot.com/2011/07/challenge-intermediate-java-tuts-4.html

I LOVE FEEDBACK, IF YOU WANT MORE OF THIS STUFF FEED ME FEEDBACK NOM NOM NOM NOM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMWi7CLoZ2Q
Last edited by Fresh83 on Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh83
Developer
Developer

Re: JAVA CHALLENGES!!!- Dont just watch or read...

Postby ArjenGoed » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:03 pm

Hey there,

I am sifting through the material right now and this is top stuff.

As I am just beginning in this field with little experience in programming (aside from some html, php and such) this is perfect ground for starters. I do however think, that it would be better to categorize the stuff by any other means than chronological, but that's tough with Blogger ;)
I have no signature yet, but I will probably make one up that is witty, bold and adheres to my personality ;)
ArjenGoed
Freshman
Freshman

Re: JAVA CHALLENGES!!!- Dont just watch or read...

Postby Fresh83 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:48 pm

Thank you man, it means alot to me that i know at least one head is getting use out of it and yes, as I add more material it will be sorted into categories. If you need any help email me at fresh83@live.com
Fresh83
Developer
Developer

Return to Novice Tutorials