I need help saving data and retriving data

Basic Tutorials concerning: GUI, Views, Activites, XML, Layouts, Intents, ...

I need help saving data and retriving data

Postby xklownx » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:09 am

what i am trying to do is set something up so that when the program is opened it stays at the same state it shows the same stuff on the screen and then the next day it would random generate new stuff on the screen. if it is somewere else on the forums can you direct me please thank you all for your help been very awesome.
xklownx
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby xklownx » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:21 am

this is the way that i would like to set my program up, i just need a little help on setting the code into motion and using array file. can someone please help on this, this is my last part and i will be able to upload my program to the market place but this is the thing that is holding me back. thank you
Attachments
untitled.JPG
untitled.JPG (48.89 KiB) Viewed 1489 times
xklownx
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby Hebus » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:27 am

Hello,

You can either store a file in the sdcard (see File class). SDcard is mounted at /sdcard/ directory.

Or you can use a database, it depends of the type of data you are using
Hebus
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby xklownx » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:54 pm

i forgot some of the stuff i ment to add, what i want is to have it save the day to the file then open a random textview and if the day is differnt then have it erase the date for the day before and save the new day, so that when someone opens the program for the same day it shows the same textview everytime it is opened for that day. thanks
xklownx
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to Novice Tutorials