How to transfer Canon Vixia HF R20/R21 AVCHD to iMovie

Basic Tutorials concerning: GUI, Views, Activites, XML, Layouts, Intents, ...

How to transfer Canon Vixia HF R20/R21 AVCHD to iMovie

Postby jssqlisa » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:53 am

Are your Canon Vixia HF R20 or a HF R21 users? The R21 and R20 are similar camcorders. They both allow you to shoot Full HD 1080p AVCHD videos. With dynamic image stabilization on, you get about 1.47 Megapixels and a resolution of 1616 x 909. Things get shakier with advanced zoom, with a quality of about 1.04 megapixels and a resolution of 1360 x 765. Both camcorders can also take stills of about 2.07 megapixels in either 16:9 or 4:3.

However, if you try to import the recorded FHD movies to iMoive for further editing, you may meet some troubles, for example ""I have a Macbook pro and a Vixia HF R20, but I can't seem to pass the videos to my computer. What can I do? How can I see and edit the videos of my Vixia HF R20 in my mac?"". Due to iMoive's native video format is AIC mov, the AVCHD often doesn't work well with iMoive, so you can't bring R20/R21 to iMovie sometimes.

To solve the trouble and make your iMovie support to edit Canon Vixia HF R20/R21 videos freely, you need to downalod a top AVCHD transcode tool and run it as the best Canon Vixia AVCHD to iMovie Converter on your Mac OS X. With it, you can easily encode AVCHD, MTS, M2TS from Canon Vixia and other AVCHD recordings to AIC for directly transferring to iMovie for further editing with any quality as you need.

Step 1: Click to run the software and import the 1080i, 1080p footages from R20/R21 to the converter.

Step 2: Click "format" bar to choose the compatible output format for iMovie. Click "iMovie and Final Cut Express-Apple InterMediate Codec(AIC)(*.mov)" as the best format for iMovie.
Tip: You can tap the "Browse" button on the main interface to choose the place where you want to save your converted file on your mac.

Step 3: You can click "settings" to customize the output parameters, adjust the resolution, bitrate as you want. Set video size as 1920*1080, video frame rate as 30fps.

Step 4: Click Conversion Arrow button on the main interface to start converting Canon Vixia HF R20/HF R21 1080i MTS to iMovie on Mac OS X.

After the fast conversion, you can click "Open" button on the main interface to find the output file to play on the Mac or editing in iMovie easily.

Related guides:
Importing Canon Vixia HF R20 .mts AVCHD video into Premiere Pro CS5.5 on Mac
Make Canon Vixia HF R20 AVCHD files work with FCP on Mac
Import Canon Vixia HF S10 AVCHD to Adobe Premiere Pro on Mac
Make Canon Vixia HF R20 AVCHD files work with FCP on Mac
Import AVCHD video from Canon Vixia HF S10 to iMovie'11
Get Canon Vixia HF S10/HF S100 AVCHD to work with FCE 4
jssqlisa
Developer
Developer

Return to Novice Tutorials