How to Edit Canon T4i MOV in Avid MC on Mac
Summary: This guide shows how to transcode Canon T4i MOV files natively for use in Avid Media Composer with DNxHD codec.
The Canon EOS Rebel T4i Digital Camera (Body Only) is an ideal camera for any level photographer; combining both high quality imaging power and a wealth of functions that enable you to create beautiful imagery with ease.
Full HD 1080p video is supported and features a full-time Movie Servo AF system for continuous auto focusing while using live view to record movies. When using one of Canon's STM lenses, ultra-quiet and smooth performance is possible for fluid HD movie making. Additionally full manual sound and exposure control is supported, giving you a wide range of controls for handling your videos.
"I have a Canon T4i DSLR camera, its recordings are in H.264 MOV format, now I want to import Canon MOV files to Avid Media Composer for editing, I want to keep the original data of the MOV footage, is there a good way to transcode/rewrap Canon MOV files natively for Avid Media Composer?”
If you have used Canon DSLR, maybe T4i, in order to rewrap Canon MOV files to Avid Media Composer, the best way is to change the video codec or format which perfectly supported by Avid software, so you need a Avid converter which can convert Canon T4i MOV files natively.
Pavtube HD converter for Mac is a well known professional converter which can deal nearly all kinds of MOV videos, it can convert Canon T4i H.264 MOV files to DNxHD codec MOV natively for Avid Media Composer on Mac, and then you can edit Canon T4i MOV files natively in Avid.
Just take a look at the brief guide below.
1. Download Pavtube HD Converter for Mac, it’s an excellent Mac Canon T4i H264 MOV to Avid DNxHD converter. Follow the prompts to install the program. Click “Finish” when the installation is complete, and Pavtube Canon MOV to Avid converter will launch automatically.
2. Click “Add” to load Canon T4i MOV video files or directly drag the files into file list.
3. Click “Format” bar to determine output format. For natively editing in Avid, you are recommended to choose Avid Media Composer -> Avid DNxHD (*.mov), this format is best for native editing.
4. If you would like to customize the video and audio parameters, you can click “settings”, adjust the parameters as you want, like Video Codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sampling rate, bit rate, channels.
5. Click “Convert” to start.
Pavtube Canon T4i H264 to Avid converter can help you to convert Canon T4i MOV video to Avid Media Composer natively for editing. You can read more guides on Pavtube website.
Canon T4i to iMovie
Canon EOS Video Converter for iMovie
Learn more Canon Cameras/Camcorders related tutorial, pls view our Canon Column.
PS. If you have any problem, pls contact with Pavtube Community or Pavtube Facebook, we will answer your questions as soon as possilble.