How to convert mpg to mov on mac os

Basic Tutorials concerning: GUI, Views, Activites, XML, Layouts, Intents, ...

How to convert mpg to mov on mac os

Postby markwonng » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:48 pm

"I'm new to Mac and I'm surprised that when I try to play my .MPGs on a Mac or try to import them into iMovie, I get an error that the file isn't recognized as a "video file". I'm aware that .mov is Quicktime/Mac format, and MPGs are easily read by PCs. Can Macs support the viewing and editing of MPGs and other PC video formats like WMVs, MPEGs, etc? and what can I do to convert convert mpg to mov ;formats on mac than imovies supported, if there any mpg to mov converter for mac help to do so?" --- Question from Nefe
I faced such an promblem before, So I googled for a solution to converting mpg to mov format. After trying several video converters, I finally found a perfect tool to achieve quality-lossless and super fast conversion. Download and install the Mac MPG to MOV Converter first on your computer and follow the step by step guide below to convert .mpg videos to .Mov on mac.
Step 1: Do the essential settings
Click "Add" button on the program main interface to load mpg files you want.
Step 2: Select Output Profile
Click on the file format of the original video on the video processing list, and then it will switch to the following output file format choosing panel. Select a target format for the output according to your requirement. Or you can take advantage of the "Profile Search Function" and get access to the target format quickly
Step 3: Video Effect Settings
Go to the video edit panel to add some individualized features to the output.
Step 4: convert .mpg to .mov with ease
When you have got ready for the settings for the added videos in the video converter program, you can click "Convert" button to start to convert mpg to mov on Mac OS. Just for a while, the conversion will be finished and you can enjoy it freely.
Extended Knowledge: What is a MPG file?
MPG video file is a variant of the MPEG (Moving Picture Experts Group) video and audio compression format, optimized for broadcast quality video. MPG videos have the file extension .mpg.
MPEG stands for Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4), one of the compression formats, is in charge of the development of standards for coded representation of digital audio and video, supported by DVD, VCD, Epson for entertainment. There are several audio/video formats which bear this group's name, such as compression formats - MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4.folder password
password protect flash drive
password lock usb drive
usb copy protection
markwonng
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Return to Novice Tutorials