Emulating a SD-Card

Basic Tutorials concerning: GUI, Views, Activites, XML, Layouts, Intents, ...

Postby Shanytc » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:42 pm

if you want to listen to mp3 that you uploaded in your android sdcard emulator here are the steps:

1. upload the song(s) (using methods above in the image i create in the last post)
2. click the "Dev Tools" icon in your android dashboard
3. click "Media Scanner" in the list view

android will now scan your SD Card emulated cartridge for media.

4. open the android music player and play your song(s)

enjoy :)

- Shany -
Shanytc
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Re: Emulating a SD-Card

Postby nextcome » Fri May 21, 2010 1:29 pm

Will you please help ?

I learnt how to push data into sd card but now I want to remove a particular file from sdcard. I do not want to wipe all data inside sd card... Please help..

thx in advance.
nextcome
Freshman
Freshman

Postby nextcome » Fri May 21, 2010 1:34 pm

How to delete/remove specific data from sd card ??

emulator -avd @HTC -wipe-data <myfilename> doesn't work..

please help
nextcome
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Shanytc » Sat May 22, 2010 7:34 pm

You can use the terminal to delete files from the SD Card

<<open terminal>>
cd sdcard/
rm <filename>

that's it
- Shany -
Shanytc
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby nextcome » Mon May 24, 2010 9:36 am

Thx for reply,

But my sdcard is inbuilt sdcard of emulator..... so where i can find that card physically located... I could remove that file from DDMS only... there should be a way to remove it from cmd.

Thx shany..
nextcome
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Shanytc » Mon May 24, 2010 9:38 am

im talking about the emulator's SDCard

go to the terminal (inside the emulator) and follow the steps i outlined
- Shany -
Shanytc
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby Khushkedia » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:29 am

Hey,
I created an image for the sd card, i added it when creating the emulator. NOw i want to dynamically store an image into the sd card. is that possible??
Khushkedia
Freshman
Freshman

Postby adameve24 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:29 pm

hello everyone.

my doubt is - i have created the sdcard and its working with my emulator as well.
i have pushed many files to it.
i want to format my sdcard.
i dont want to remove selected files rather i wanna format it through adb.
can you help me ?
adameve24
Developer
Developer

Postby torryton » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:49 pm

I just bought an sd memory card (4gb) for my cell phone. But when i put it into my phone a screen pops up and says FAT32 is not supported please reformat to FAT16. But i have no idea how to reformat it. Does anyone know how?
torryton
Freshman
Freshman

Postby redbulletnl » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:51 pm

insert sd in pc / sd card reader, go to my computer, rightclick @ sdcard and format it
redbulletnl
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby maxxypane » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:18 am

Well, if you want the propeller to "act" as an SD card or USB stick, I'm sure it's feasible, but in like Kye says, would be complicated. Ultimately, it would probably be better to use a USB key or SD card only for himself. If you are interested in setting up the communication between the tablet and the propeller, and a better route would be to try to find or write USB drivers for serial communication.
maxxypane
Freshman
Freshman

Postby hgft » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:31 am

Coach Outlet Online Sale is with imperfections which consist of cuts, scars, and scratches will exist, the grain in its organically grown problem has between one of the most considerable dietary fibers strength, and getting a last end result between one of the most considerable durability. The grain also has organically grown breathability, resulting in increased comfort using the path from the wearer.

Louis Vuitton Outlet could possibly be one of the most well-known is not necessarily one of the most ideal for you! possibly the most current quarter round shoulder bag with fluorescent color provides you a shine in the moment, desire to possess the urge to it immediately; But possibly your pores and skin color could possibly be the earth beside the handbag could possibly be one of the most make you fondle admiringly joker choice.

Louis Vuitton Outlet supply reduce, the weakening from the role, tiny haystack in slender whole body once more and again. the right way to purchase Louis Vuitton bags That's between the powerful cohesion when Cunningham lancelet find yourself isolated point, allow wind and bad weather insulation, yr pursuing year, pile of grass system earlier short increased grass blanketed with it or bi erosion.

Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck are the proud parents of a newborn son! The 39-year-old actress gave birth to the couple's third child in Santa Monica, Calif., a source tells Us Weekly. The family's newest addition joins older sisters Violet, 6, and Seraphina, 3. “I would have thought [Ben] wanted a boy]. At first … I really thought so,” Jen, who kept the baby's gender under wraps, told Jay Leno last month.
hgft
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby KyleAdam » Wed May 23, 2012 12:33 pm

Backing up is important. As memory sizes grow, so does the collection of older, smaller capacity memory cards. 16GB is a massive size of storage. Every Nintendo Wii game has a regional code encrypted in the disk. This means that if you buy a game in USA, you can’t play it on a Nintendo Wii from Japan, and vice verse.
KyleAdam
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Strickland » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:47 am

Applications developed for distribution on Google Play allow the developer to enable copy protection which prevents the end user from copying the application from the phone. Thanks for sharing.
book formatting services
Strickland
Freshman
Freshman

Previous

Return to Novice Tutorials