Connecting App to Web Side Database

Basic Tutorials concerning: GUI, Views, Activites, XML, Layouts, Intents, ...

Connecting App to Web Side Database

Postby monkeytooth » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:58 pm

I am fairly new to programming around the Android system. From what I know of it it is primarily JAVA? correct me if I am wrong. Which with JAVA I am not superbly familiar with either. However Programming in general I am fine with. This said I am trying to figure out if theres any core frameworks that are good to work with. I know theres the stock SDK but is there anything else. Example of what Im trying to say is, for JavaScript theres Jquery, for Ruby theres rails, for CSS theres bootstrap.

I am trying to find something along the lines of that for the android platform, but not only a framework but maybe a link to some material or examples I can use to figure out how to take my local side app on the phone and communicate with my web site/service and I don't mean a mobile version of the site through the mobile browser Im talking about a stand alone app communicating with scripts on the site and the DB directly.

Can anyone help me out here?
monkeytooth
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Connecting App to Web Side Database

Postby monkeytooth » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:23 pm

just for reference I've searched passively on and off for my answer over the months as I am not fully ready to dev an app on android as of just yet, but I am looking to find the resouces so when I am ready I can jump right into it. Any help would be appreciated I just cant seem to find the right answers on my own.
monkeytooth
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Novice Tutorials