30% off Get Blu-ray into iTunes for Streaming to Apple TV 3
It was not just iOS device users getting the 3rd generation iPad in this March. Apple also released Apple TV 2012, which support up to 1080p Bly-ray movies playback and stream. Feel like watching Blu-ray with Apple TV 3? Just rip Blu-rays and encode movies to 1080p at 6mbps+. Follow the guide below rip Blu-rays to Full HD 1080p MP4 files that play even sharper in iTunes than the 1080p downloads.
Read more: Apple TV 3 Column | Apple TV 3 Review
System Requirements for ripping Blu-ray to iTunes and streaming 1080p to Apple TV
* Windows 7 or Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8
* Compatible Blu-ray Disc Drive
* Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper for Apple TV (now is 30% off on back to school promotion)
* 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo or faster processor
* At least 2 GB of RAM
* iTunes 10.6 or later
* A video driver that supports HDCP for Windows PC
* A display that supports HDCP with a screen resolution of 1280 x 800 or higher
* Apple TV 3rd generation
Step-by-step guide for ripping Blu-ray movies for Apple TV 3 with 1080p HD quality
1. Make sure your Blu-ray Disc drive is well connected with computer, and put a source Blu-ray Disc to the BD drive. Mac is lacking of Blu-ray support and you need to add an external BD drive that is compatible with Mac.
2. Have Blu-ray Ripper installed on your computer. Pavtube is recommended.
Blu-ray to Apple TV 3 Ripper (Windows 7, Vista, XP compatible)
Blu-ray to Apple TV 3 Ripper for Mac (Mac OS X 10.8, 10.7, 10.6, 10.5 compatible)
3. Run the Blu-ray to Apple TV 3 Converter. Press "Load Disc" icon to import Blu-ray movie. The software requires network connection to decrypt Blu-ray so keep your network wired.
4. Select main movie from file list, and set subtitles and audio language for export.
5. Set iTunes compatible 1080p format from the drop-down list of "Format". Either "iPad 3 Full HD Video (*.mp4)" format or "Apple TV Full HD Video (*.mp4)" works well in iTunes. Both encode Blu-rays to 1080 MP4 with higher bit rate and exports better quality than iTunes movie downloads.
6. Press "Convert" to get Blu-ray Ripper start compressing Blu-ray to iTunes friendly videos.
7. When conversion completes, press "Open" to find compressed 1080p movie and add it to iTunes movie store. Open up iTunes and follow "File>> Add file to Library…" to sync ripped Blu-ray 1080p movie to iTunes.
Now you can enjoy the Blu-ray movie with iTunes freely and stream the 1080p Blu-ray movie to Apple TV 3.
Apple TV 3 Related Articles:
Convert Blu-ray to Apple TV with AC3 5.1 surround sound on Mac
Stream DVD to Apple TV 3 with Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound
How to convert MKV/AVI/TiVo/M2TS to Apple TV 3 on Mac?
A universal format for a 1080p playback on both the Apple TV 3
Convert Apple ProRes video to M4V for streaming to Apple TV 3
How to set up Apple TV for streaming HD videos with Dolby Digital 5.1 sounds
Original from http://www.pavtube.com/guide/-rip-blu-ray-to-itunes-1080p-video.html