Nintendo: Android on Gaming-Phone ?

Supervised News & Rumors concerning the Google Android Platform.

Nintendo: Android on Gaming-Phone ?

Postby plusminus » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:08 pm

As playing games on a mobile phone is one of the common things in life. But making calls from a console :?:

Andre Lim from cnet.org :arrow: shared his thoughts with us...

Playing games on a mobile phone is about as enjoyable as untangling a pair of headphones when you're stuck in the middle of a train during rush hour. The quality of titles available is very low, and today's phones simply aren't designed for fast, reliable button pressing. Don't get me wrong -- things are getting better -- but for the love of thumb-tapping, Nintendo must make a mobile phone.

Before you go stark raving bonkers screaming at your monitor, it's really not that crazy an idea. For starters, most mobile phone manufacturers -- in particular Nokia -- are taking gaming very seriously. This could dramatically
:arrow: read full article.

Regards,
plusminus
Image | Android Development Community / Tutorials
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby XterierK » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:46 pm

That might be possible, since there is a mic and a speaker. You might have to install ur own signal connection to get calls.
Limited Imagination = Impossible!
XterierK
Freshman
Freshman

Postby bhamdeveloper » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:12 pm

XterierK wrote:That might be possible, since there is a mic and a speaker. You might have to install ur own signal connection to get calls.

I am not certain, but I believe that the Nintendo DS (pictured) has WiFi capabilites. Wonder how hard it would be to do some VOIP or something to get this all to work? Be a very interesting concept.
bhamdeveloper
Freshman
Freshman

Return to News & Rumors