Important Android/GoogleMaps API ToS Notice! Update

Supervised News & Rumors concerning the Google Android Platform.

Is AndNav dead?

Postby gustavo » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:29 pm

Das ist sheize!!!!
Very bad news!!! :(
I think this is why you didn't win th ADC....

plusminus wrote:
meijerpb wrote:Do I read here that pedestrian (i.e., non-vehicle) navigation/route guidance is not prohibited by the ToS?

To me it seems like route guidance in general!
gustavo
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Re: Is AndNav dead?

Postby plusminus » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:58 pm

gustavo wrote:Das ist sheize!!!!
Very bad news!!! :(
I think this is why you didn't win th ADC....

plusminus wrote:
meijerpb wrote:Do I read here that pedestrian (i.e., non-vehicle) navigation/route guidance is not prohibited by the ToS?

To me it seems like route guidance in general!

Maybe. AndNav2 will have better chances, imo. :)
Image | Android Development Community / Tutorials
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Google Sucks!

Postby NevinM » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:41 am

It was really nice of Google to put a whole bunch of tools for mappinging in the SDK that you are not allowed to use. Maybe Google should have considered all of these things and put the paper work in place so that tools that are available are also legal to use freely before they released them. This is about the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. You brag up the many features for mapping and street view ect. in your SDK, yet you are not allowed to use them for navigation. Thats great Google, nothing like wasting hours and hours of programming just to get kicked in the balls by Google...

Nevin
NevinM
Developer
Developer

Re: Google Sucks!

Postby plusminus » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:23 pm

NevinM wrote:It was really nice of Google to put a whole bunch of tools for mappinging in the SDK that you are not allowed to use. Maybe Google should have considered all of these things and put the paper work in place so that tools that are available are also legal to use freely before they released them. This is about the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. You brag up the many features for mapping and street view ect. in your SDK, yet you are not allowed to use them for navigation. Thats great Google, nothing like wasting hours and hours of programming just to get kicked in the balls by Google...

Nevin

The actual problem is not Google themselves but the conflicting data-providers behind
You are allowed to use them, but under very special restrictions :lol:

If everything goes right AndNav2 will be based to 0% on Google-Maps-Data. :)

!!! GO OpenStreetMaps !!!
Image | Android Development Community / Tutorials
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Important Android/GoogleMaps API ToS Notice! Update

Postby Vicky1314 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:53 am

Plans for the skywriting were announced ahead of time , with Beck encouraging witnesses to email her photos. She was inspired by the "Surrender Dorothy" skywritten message in "The Wizard of Oz." http://www.mtsconverter.de
"It's obviously a very open-ended and consequently puzzling sort of project," she said of Sunday's event. "I can see why it would leave people with questions." http://www.mtsconverter.de/mts-converter-for-mac.htm
Vicky1314

Previous

Return to News & Rumors