Hands On Parallel Kingdom MMORPG - Impressions

Supervised News & Rumors concerning the Google Android Platform.

Hands On Parallel Kingdom MMORPG - Impressions

Postby plusminus » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:06 am

Hello Community,

ParallelKingdom is what I prefer to call a:

[align=center]MMORTSRPG
(Massively Multiplayer Online Real Time Strategy Role Playing Game) :lol:[/align]

:? I'm not sure, whether one can still grab a beta-account here: http://parallelkingdom.com/beta.shtml

Not much to prefix, let's jump directly into the game. The registration-process is currently really easy!

[align=center] The first thing you are going to do in PK is to do some mining. This will fill up your resources which are shown in the bottom bar. The kind of resoruce you get through mining is based on proximity to resource-locations. The proximity is visible via the backgroundcolor of the specific resource-image in the bottom bar (here: Wood). Note: The upper left corner shows all types of CoolDowns.

The next thing to do is to create some buildings. Here we are going to create a simple hut (which can store some of our items).
Image Image

This is what it looks like in the middle of the 3 zoom levels ... and in the closest zoom level.
Image Image

This is the inventory, which holds all the items one is carrying around.

Of course you can craft items on your own. In this case we will make another sword.
Image Image Image

As in every MMORTSRPG, PvP (Player vs. Player) is a big issue. Here I am attacking a random enemy storage, which was surrounded by 6 towers, which automatically defend it... :roll:
Image Image

I knew I had to die :roll:

All attack/defense actions are logged in the Event-Log:
Image[/align]

All in all one has to say, that Parallel Kingdom looks really promising for this stage of development. I'm very interested in its future development!

Its got a good chance to become a Must-Have-Application!

/plusminus for anddev.org
Image | Android Development Community / Tutorials
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Andrex » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:44 am

This is the most awesome thing I have ever seen. Wow.
Andrex
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby krull » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:58 am

MMORTSRPG is too long, i prefer the MMTRG (Mobile mutliplayer Trans-reality Game) term used on other games like parallel kingdom : wifi army, vitruve project, city slikkers ....
krull
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby code » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:21 am

:D
havng this kind of applications in Android devices will expand its market specially among teenagers and those who like gaming :)
Good work
code
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby fillthemup » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:23 pm

absolutely fantastic idea

the games success depends on how it is implemented though...

for example, if i'm in my city and i've been playing this game for 5 months, then my neighbor wants to play, my buildings/defense shouldn't be able to kill him, at least not all instantly

there should be some kind of tier, such as, if you are this strong, you can only compete against these players that are this strong. i used to play travian, played it 4 times a day for 2 months. ONE TIME i didn't log in for about 30 hours, and ALL OF MY WORK was destroyed by someone who had been playing for a year and a half. how is that fair at all? instantly stopped playing that game.
fillthemup
Freshman
Freshman

Postby nisha » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:08 pm

wow man.. nice work...

Well in which SDK u developed this??

Thanks and Regards,

Nisha
nisha
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby plusminus » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:37 am

I think that was m3, probably m5.

Haven't heard sth. till then. Hope the project did not die :(
Image | Android Development Community / Tutorials
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby zammbi » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:12 am

Looks impressive. Something original. Free too, I say keep up the good work!
Can't wait till I get an android phone.
zammbi
Freshman
Freshman

Postby coding_android » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:58 pm

The site tells us that it is starting at October 31th. I'm looking forward playing that game. :-)
If you got job opportunities for me. Just drop me a personal message. - Android developement - integrating social media into Android
coding_android

Re: Hands On Parallel Kingdom MMORPG - Impressions

Postby Vicky1314 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:50 am

Cryptic messages written in the sky over lower Manhattan that turned out to be part of a kooky art project mystified and unnerved New Yorkers Sunday afternoon. http://www.mtsconverter.es
Just after 4 p.m. a plane wrote the words "Last Chance" in the air. The message was preceded by"Lost Our Lease" and followed by "Now Open." http://www.mtsconverter.es/mts-converter-for-mac.htm

Some Twitter users thought the "Last Chance" message was a terrorist threat. Others assumed the Wall St. protesters were behind it. http://www.mtsconverter.com.br Artist Kim Beck, a professor at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh who lives part time in New York, chose messages from advertising billboards as cryptic comments on the faltering economy. http://www.mtsconverter.com.br/mts-conv ... or-mac.htm
Vicky1314

Return to News & Rumors