Get Your Android Application Tested on a G1 !

Supervised News & Rumors concerning the Google Android Platform.

Postby DDM123 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:14 am

Posting with my G1 :)

The golf app works just fine. The map defaults to some golf course somewhere but that's the only obvious issue, and it's a small one.
DDM123
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Re: Golf App

Postby NevinM » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:39 am

Thanks for your help. I have Google Maps set to default to St. Andrews Course in Scotland (the birth place of golf). I have n't quit figured out how to send Google maps a "null" geo URL. Once I figure this out I will not send it any info, so that it opens in the last postion it was in. If you want a registration code for this software let me know, I will send you a PM with the code.

Nevin
NevinM
Developer
Developer

Postby NevinM » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:41 am

DDM123 wrote:Posting with my G1 :)

The golf app works just fine. The map defaults to some golf course somewhere but that's the only obvious issue, and it's a small one.

DDM123,
Can you test this application again with a few modifications I made to the map query? Download the new version from:

http://www.morrisonmuscle.com/GolfTracksMy_Signed.apk

Let me know what happens when you click on the map button. I get Malasia, but I am working on an emulator. I am hoping it will find your actual location or atleast atempt to.

Thanks again,
Nevin
NevinM
Developer
Developer

Postby DDM123 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:48 pm

Signature failed on that last one :(
DDM123
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby NevinM » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:06 pm

Weird, did you try uninstalling the old version? Maybe the name change and a the same signature caused some problems. I don't think my changes were going to work any way.

Thanks again,
Nevin
NevinM
Developer
Developer

DDM123 Golf Application

Postby NevinM » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:25 am

DDM123,
I think the main problem is the application is the same name. I don't really think it is a Signing issue. I tried the new version on my Emulator, but I also got an error when trying to install it as a Signed application over the old one. I tried a bunch of different uninstall commands, but the application would not uninstall, I always got the "Failure" result from Command Prompt. I eventually had to use the command:
emulator.exe -wipe-data to completely wipe the emulator. After that the new version installed fine. Could you check to see if you are able to uninstall the original application on the G1(I am not really sure how this is done from the actual hardware device). Then maybe try to install the newer version to see if this works.

Thanks again for your help,

Nevin Morrison
NevinM
Developer
Developer

Great

Postby tberthel » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:21 am

DDM123,

Please send me an email with a good return address to travisberthelot@hotmail.com so I can email you links to the final versions when they come out.

If you can send me some video I would really appreciate it.

About how long does the audio play after exiting or was it forever?

What happens if you change view orientation with the game running and/or changing activities? I did not really know how the hardware was going to handle that until lately. I would expect some partial failure if it is changed while running or frozen, but then again maybe not.

I guess I need to fix the accelerometer and orientation controls for the next release like it was for the earlier SDK. When I do that I would like you to be my official tester for testing the controls, optimal performance settings, and such? Please tell me in your email if you are interested in working out a deal.

Thanks,

Travis
tberthel
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

New Golf Application Version

Postby NevinM » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:40 am

So I decided to improve the Map features on the application, so that they do not default to St. Andrews. If you have a chance can you try to install it. The new version has replaced the older version at this URL:

http://www.morrisonmuscle.com/GolfTracks_Signed.apk

Thanks,

Nevin

p.s. If you are having any install and uninstall issues I would like to here about them.
NevinM
Developer
Developer

Postby esteem » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:53 am

Hey! so i guess everyone has their phone now except me. I was just wondering if anyone is willing to to install a couple test apps to do more opengl testing + taking a picture or two of the results. If so, send me a PM. thanks!
esteem
Freshman
Freshman

Postby MrSnowflake » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:16 am

I've (finally) update my GravityRinger app. So if one of you G1 owners would be kind enough to test it, I'd love you for that :p.
Attachments
GravityRinger_signed.apk
GravityRinger signed apk.
(19.5 KiB) Downloaded 338 times
MrSnowflake

Postby DDM123 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:02 pm

GravityRinger installs and works fine until you set it back to upright, and it says "eu.MrSnowflake.android.gravityringer has stopped unexpectedly"
DDM123
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby plusminus » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:34 pm

Yes, it works fine. When I put my phone upside down (like when it would be in the pocket) it switches to Vibration, when I put it back to 'normal' it crashes as DDM123 said.
Image | Android Development Community / Tutorials
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MrSnowflake » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:51 am

Anyone of you care to send my the log? I really find this error strange. Stupid emu... The windows mobile emulator is a lot better (at least is seems like that). But hey, they are not running Android :D.
MrSnowflake

Postby plusminus » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:02 pm

MrSnowflake wrote:Anyone of you care to send my the log? I really find this error strange. Stupid emu... The windows mobile emulator is a lot better (at least is seems like that). But hey, they are not running Android :D.

I never checked if stacktraces get stored anywhere, but if you give me the sourcecode (isn't it on google-code ??) I canget you a full stacktracke.

Regards,
plusminus
Image | Android Development Community / Tutorials
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MrSnowflake » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:10 pm

It's on http://snowservices.googlecode.com/. Thanks in advance!
MrSnowflake

PreviousNext

Return to News & Rumors