Emulator iPhone Skin - QVGA/HVGA Landscape/Portrait

Supervised News & Rumors concerning the Google Android Platform.

Emulator iPhone Skin - QVGA/HVGA Landscape/Portrait

Postby plusminus » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:32 am

Hello Community

I made a nice iPhone skin for the emulator, instead of sleeping ;)
Downloads:
:idea: Request other Resolutions if you want one :!:

'Installation':
Note: Since version_m3-rc37a there is no need to override old skins, just unzip them to another folder and select it in the Emulator-Run Options in Eclipse.

• Locate: "?:......android_sdk_windows_m3-?????toolslibimagesskins"
  • Backup the Folder "HVGA-P" (or similar :!:), by renaming it to i.e. "HVGA-P_orig"
  • Unzip the package to the same directory
[url=http://anddev.org/images/android/skins/iPhone_QVGA-L.zip]QVGA Landscape-Skin DOWNLOAD
Image[/url]

[url=http://anddev.org/images/android/skins/iPhone_QVGA-P.zip]QVGA Portrait-Skin DOWNLOAD
Image[/url]

[url=http://anddev.org/images/android/skins/iPhone_HVGA-L.zip]HVGA Landscape-Skin DOWNLOAD
Image[/url]

[url=http://anddev.org/images/android/skins/iPhone_HVGA-P.zip]HVGA Portrait-Skin DOWNLOAD
Image[/url]

Regards,
plusminus
Last edited by plusminus on Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:42 am, edited 6 times in total.
Image | Android Development Community / Tutorials
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby lordhong » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:37 am

you are AWESOME! keep up good work!
lordhong
Developer
Developer

Postby evoc » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:08 pm

really nice job man :)
evoc
Freshman
Freshman

Postby plusminus » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:09 pm

:uarrow: Added QVGA (320x240) Landscape skin :uarrow:

Regards,
plusminus
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Andrex » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:49 am

Now if only the iPhone ran Android natively... ;)

Regardless the hardware is nice and these look like the best skins, although I'm still partial to the red one.
Andrex
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby fabrantes » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:14 pm

this is great! Is there a way to show the emulator in full screen?
fabrantes
Developer
Developer

Postby plusminus » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:51 am

fabrantes wrote:this is great! Is there a way to show the emulator in full screen?

No. (Except making the background as big as your screen ;) )
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby fabrantes » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:20 pm

I ve been playing around a little bit with this (I wanted to get the android home screen to occupy the whole screen - to give the impression it was actually running on my laptop) and it has shown not to bethat hard.

Just needed to create a skin where the phone screen occupies the whole emulator window size (at this time I think this is limited to 800x600 - the emulator wouldnt start if I put something higher than this) and remove the rest of the components: remove keyboard and get a phone image that is just the border of a 800x600 rectangle. Then hit alt+enter and voila, android full screen. Quite nice!
fabrantes
Developer
Developer

Postby plusminus » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:21 am

Maybe you could upload that Skin-Folder :?: (Its probably pretty small ;) )
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Full screen

Postby fabrantes » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:51 am

Ok! here it is:

MID.zip
MID.tar.bz2

This is how it looks like...

on its window:

and then hitting alt+enter

Notice that there is a 20px height bar in the botttom of the screen... Thats where the phone buttons are (I wanted to get rid of it but you need at least the menu button to unlock the thing (maybe there is a keyboard shortcut for it).

Anyway, if you want to get rid of it you just need to change the layout height from 620 px to 600 px in the layout file (near the end of the file in the portrait/landscape sections).

Note also that the background picture no longer fills the screen (it is now 800x600).

Also, I noticed that you dont even need a phone skin for this (not even a transparent one), so none is included.

Cheers
fabrantes
Developer
Developer

Postby plusminus » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:17 pm

Looks good, even the default wallpaper is to small ^^
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Emulator iPhone Skin - QVGA/HVGA Landscape/Portrait

Postby seenaramo » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:37 pm

Drainage materials will reduce or eliminate the hydrostatic pressure and will therefore greatly improve the stability of the material behind the wall, assuming that this is not a retaining wall for water.

http://landscapingretainingwalls.com.au
seenaramo

Postby onlymine11 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:12 pm

Use this Promocode: THC20
that promocode gives 20%
onlymine11

Postby ajhavener » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:07 pm

That is a good idea for making the phone look like another one. The skin is looking great so I am using it now. It looks a little nicer than the last skin that I’ve installed.
ajhavener
Freshman
Freshman

Postby hgft » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:41 am

[url=http://www.acoachoutletsale.net/][b]Coach Outlet Online Sale[/b][/url] is with imperfections which consist of cuts, scars, and scratches will exist, the grain in its organically grown problem has between one of the most considerable dietary fibers strength, and getting a last end result between one of the most considerable durability. The grain also has organically grown breathability, resulting in increased comfort using the path from the wearer.

[url=http://www.louisvuittonbagsoutlets4u.net/][b]Louis Vuitton Outlet[/b][/url] could possibly be one of the most well-known is not necessarily one of the most ideal for you! possibly the most current quarter round shoulder bag with fluorescent color provides you a shine in the moment, desire to possess the urge to it immediately; But possibly your pores and skin color could possibly be the earth beside the handbag could possibly be one of the most make you fondle admiringly joker choice.

[url=http://www.louisvuittonoutletonline4u.net/][b]Louis Vuitton Outlet[/b][/url] supply reduce, the weakening from the role, tiny haystack in slender whole body once more and again. the right way to purchase Louis Vuitton bags That's between the powerful cohesion when Cunningham lancelet find yourself isolated point, allow wind and bad weather insulation, yr pursuing year, pile of grass system earlier short increased grass blanketed with it or bi erosion.

Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck are the proud parents of a newborn son! The 39-year-old actress gave birth to the couple's third child in Santa Monica, Calif., a source tells Us Weekly. The family's newest addition joins older sisters Violet, 6, and Seraphina, 3. “I would have thought [Ben] wanted a boy]. At first … I really thought so,” Jen, who kept the baby's gender under wraps, told Jay Leno last month.
hgft
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Next

Return to News & Rumors