Android's next UI? - Interview with TAT

Supervised News & Rumors concerning the Google Android Platform.

Postby The_Knight » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:10 am

This looks fantastic. Also, if you noticed, there will be a "Serious" skin for this amazing UI, so you shouldn't worry about it looking childish, even though I love all the screenshots so far (I watch the videos every 30 mins!!)

Brilliant. I really hope it is chosen for the HTC Dream. Or at least available for download.
The_Knight
Freshman
Freshman

Postby borya » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:49 pm

The UI on the current emulator seems clearer and easier to use than the first two pictures IMHO. I like how it looks clean and nice without too many doodads, its classy. Hopefully the final products can mix neat eye-catching features and simplicity. Still looks great overall, however, hopefully we get more info about this stuff as time goes on.
borya
Developer
Developer

Postby Andrex » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:00 am

ramgraph1 wrote:
Andrex wrote:Ugh am I the only one who liked the first UI? Each new one gets gradually less professional.

No, I completely agree. I saw a picture of the old UI in a recent news article and for a moment thought - "They brought it back!" Considering what Android has to compete against, if they can't go in a MUCH better direction with the getting the UI to be something attractive instead of ugly, I don't see how Android could ever become that popular. Which would be a shame for all of us...

I'm so happy with the new UI. :D It's like an icon-based PC. So glad they ditched the m5 one. :)
Andrex
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Previous

Return to News & Rumors