Android Market OPEN for all developers

Supervised News & Rumors concerning the Google Android Platform.

Android Market OPEN for all developers

Postby plusminus » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:01 pm

Hello Community,

what more should I need to say.

I got my apps downloaded like 500 times within the first hour :)
/plusminus for anddev.org
Image | Android Development Community / Tutorials
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby tberthel » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:40 pm

Where did you get that URL?
tberthel
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Shareware???

Postby NevinM » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:32 pm

Okay,
So I paid and now I am sitting and waiting for my order status to be confirmed....Was there a delay for everyone else?
Does anyone know if you will be able to upload shareware? It is pretty easy for me to direct clients to a different payment site if Google has not set this up yet. Any info. Would this violate the current user agreement?

Nevin
NevinM
Developer
Developer

Postby cokeaholic » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:50 pm

Same here, unfortunately :-(
I am stuck with the message "Waiting for Google Checkout payment confirmation...".

I even tried to register a second time, hope they will give me a refund.

Very disappointing! Did anyone else have more luck?
cokeaholic
Freshman
Freshman

Same here.

Postby NevinM » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:00 pm

I thought it was just me. I almost paid again, but opted to wait. I sent a message asking about my status, but have yet to get a reply, hopefully the reply comes sooner or later. I was going over the user agreement and it looks like commercial and shareware apps can be posted, as long as there is an approved vendor(what ever that means). I won't know for sure until I can actually get in...
NevinM
Developer
Developer

Postby cokeaholic » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:19 pm

Just tried it again and now it works :-)
cokeaholic
Freshman
Freshman

Postby julymaster » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:19 am

cokeaholic wrote:Market requires versionCode to be set to a positive 32-bit integer in AndroidManifest.xml.
Market requires versionName to be set in AndroidManifest.xml.
Market does not accept apks signed with the debug certificate. Create a new certificate that is valid for at least 50 years.
Market requires that the certificate used to sign the apk be valid until at least October 22, 2058. Create a new certificate

I got a message while upload my app.
julymaster
Freshman
Freshman

Postby plusminus » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:20 am

julymaster wrote:
cokeaholic wrote:Market requires versionCode to be set to a positive 32-bit integer in AndroidManifest.xml.
Market requires versionName to be set in AndroidManifest.xml.
Market does not accept apks signed with the debug certificate. Create a new certificate that is valid for at least 50 years.
Market requires that the certificate used to sign the apk be valid until at least October 22, 2058. Create a new certificate

I got a message while upload my app.

1. Modify your AndroidManifest.xml:
Syntax: [ Download ] [ Hide ]
Using xml Syntax Highlighting
  1. <manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
  2.      package="this.is.my.package.structure"
  3.      android:versionCode="1"
  4.      android:versionName="1.0.0">
Parsed in 0.001 seconds, using GeSHi 1.0.8.4

2. Instructions on Signing your application-apk for release :larrow:

Regards,
plusminus
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby julymaster » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:17 am

Hi plusminus

Thanks, :D

I will retry it!

Regards.

julymaster
julymaster
Freshman
Freshman

All is working now... except it has to be free...

Postby NevinM » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:07 pm

My loggin is also up and running. It is too bad that commercial and shareware applications are not allowed on the market right now. This is a slap in the face to Android developers straight from Google. The market is hot right now as people are getting their G1's. People are downloading applications like crazy and the easiest way to access applications is through the Market. The problem is that by the time commercial and shareware applications are made available, the market will have cooled and it will be so flooded with freeware applications (some good and some bad) that developers will not be able to make that many sales. I also was dissapointed that through the whole payment process, Google never once mentioned that currently only freeware applications could be listed until I had already paid and was ready to upload applications. In fact most of the documentation was directed at what their payment model will look like in the future. They take your money, but don't allow you to make money yourself??? Since my applications are shareware, I am posting them anyways, since they are free for 10 uses... Obviously, I can not post any way of buying my applications (even though you can by them from several other websites) as the current Google Market does not support this feature and it would violate the terms and conditions to post a link to another site. Just another dissapointing day in Android Development...

Nevin
NevinM
Developer
Developer

Re: All is working now... except it has to be free...

Postby plusminus » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:17 pm

NevinM wrote:My loggin is also up and running. It is too bad that commercial and shareware applications are not allowed on the market right now. This is a slap in the face to Android developers straight from Google. The market is hot right now as people are getting their G1's. People are downloading applications like crazy and the easiest way to access applications is through the Market. The problem is that by the time commercial and shareware applications are made available, the market will have cooled and it will be so flooded with freeware applications (some good and some bad) that developers will not be able to make that many sales. I also was dissapointed that through the whole payment process, Google never once mentioned that currently only freeware applications could be listed until I had already paid and was ready to upload applications. In fact most of the documentation was directed at what their payment model will look like in the future. They take your money, but don't allow you to make money yourself??? Since my applications are shareware, I am posting them anyways, since they are free for 10 uses... Obviously, I can not post any way of buying my applications (even though you can by them from several other websites) as the current Google Market does not support this feature and it would violate the terms and conditions to post a link to another site. Just another dissapointing day in Android Development...

Nevin

I think I've been saying once or twice that only free apps will be possible during the start of the market.
Anyway some apps startup with a loginscreen and you have to purches a loginkey online :wink:

I think its less google but more the carriers (i.e. t-mobile) that delay this. :?

Regards,
plusminus
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby NevinM » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:57 pm

plusminus wrote:I think I've been saying once or twice that only free apps will be possible during the start of the market.
Anyway some apps startup with a loginscreen and you have to purches a loginkey online :wink:

I think its less google but more the carriers (i.e. t-mobile) that delay this. :?

Regards,
plusminus

I have shareware apps that I sell from my site. Are there alot of applications that are prompting users to go to a purchase site? I do not have a G1, so I can not see for myself. If there are I will do this also. I was just worried it would violate the terms and conditions. If it is the carriers that are the barrier, I am sure Google will not care.
NevinM
Developer
Developer

Postby plusminus » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:09 pm

I've hear of at least 2, but I don't know if it vialoates the ToS, but it is possible that they do :?
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby NevinM » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:15 pm

plusminus wrote:I've hear of at least 2, but I don't know if it vialoates the ToS, but it is possible that they do :?

I am going to give it a try. If they kick me out, I will let you know.
Nevin
NevinM
Developer
Developer

Postby MrSnowflake » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:17 pm

There is a 'Lite' app in the market, so I supose there's a non-lite, paid version.
MrSnowflake

Next

Return to News & Rumors