Android Challenge Winners Announced on Friday ?

Supervised News & Rumors concerning the Google Android Platform.

Android Challenge Winners Announced on Friday ?

Postby plusminus » Tue May 06, 2008 9:08 pm

Hello Community,

official information about the results of ADC.I by Dan Morrill, taken from the Google Groups:
Actually, if I recall correctly the judges are due to have their scores on the 100 back to us by Wednesday. Then we have to tabulate the scores, and I think the legal department has to finish their eligibility review (to make sure no submitters are known terrorists, and that sort of thing. ;)

So I don't think we'll be able to announce anything before Wednesday. But as far as I know we are still on track to announce sometime next week.

- Dan

So we get some more days to be excited. I would not expect any results before May 9th probably some more days ;)

/plusminus for anddev.org
Image | Android Development Community / Tutorials
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Google announcement

Postby francis » Thu May 08, 2008 3:00 pm

I was indeed a bit depressed but resigned when I had no Email on Tuesday morning. Then again no Email was better than a "We regret to inform you....". Only found out on Wednesdy it had been delayed. Up to then I was in Ireland, visiting my parents, and the 56k modem really isn't built for surfing. Also have to heat the boiler for a few hours to get a good head of steam so we can push the bits all the way there.

All a bit of a nuisance for me because I had to say yes or no to a contract extension this week. I said yes and am enslaved until end of September. But will demand 2 weeks holiday in June if...

Does anyone know if all losers will get a "We regret to inform you...."? Or will they only contact the winners.
francis
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby thrusty » Fri May 09, 2008 9:46 pm

It appears that both winners and losers were notified with a (very similar) email this morning.

Our application (Puluwai: location-based mobile real estate search) was not selected, unfortunately. Since we haven't received anything other than the "You didn't win" email, it's hard to say exactly what criteria we didn't score well on. It'd be great if ADC would release the tally sheets so we could improve our applications based on that feedback.
thrusty
Freshman
Freshman

Return to News & Rumors