5 new apps-for-android released

Supervised News & Rumors concerning the Google Android Platform.

5 new apps-for-android released

Postby plusminus » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:25 pm

Hello Community,

In the game Divide and Conquer, balls would bounce around, and I would try to partition them into small enough spaces so that I could go to the next level where more and more balls would be added.

The first two samples, Triangle and SpriteText, show techniques that would be useful to anyone using the OpenGL ES 3D graphics APIs to write Android applications. The samples contain several reusable classes that may eventually be incorporated (in some form) into the SDK. Chief among these is the GLView class, which abstracts the OpenGL ES book-keeping code from the rest of the application. GLView helps handle the extra work OpenGL ES applications have to do when the activity is paused and resumed, and when the display goes to sleep and wakes up. In the Pause/Resume case the OpenGL surface has to be recreated. In the display sleep / wake-up case the entire OpenGL context has to be recreated.

The third sample, Downloader, shows how to add a downloader activity to your application. The downloader activity runs at the beginning of your application and makes sure that a set of files have been downloaded from a web server to the phone's SD card. Downloader is useful for applications that need more local data than can fit into an .apk file. For example a game could use Downloader to download the game's artwork, sound effects, and level data. The Downloader activity is designed to be a drop-in addition to your application. You customize it by supplying the URL of an XML configuration file which lists the data files that need to be downloaded.

Photostream is a simple photos browser and viewer for Flickr. All you need to use it is a Flickr screen name or user name (the application offers a default user name if you just want to try it.)

/plusminus for anddev.org
Attachments
divide_and_conquer.png
divide_and_conquer.png (11.83 KiB) Viewed 5897 times
downloader.png
downloader.png (16.35 KiB) Viewed 5897 times
spritetext.png
spritetext.png (16.87 KiB) Viewed 5897 times
triangle.png
triangle.png (18.48 KiB) Viewed 5899 times
photostream.png
photostream.png (103.23 KiB) Viewed 5897 times
Image | Android Development Community / Tutorials
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zipped apps?

Postby wannaberunner » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:08 pm

Hi all,

has anyone downloaded these apps? Would it be possible to zip the Eclipse projects and store them here?

I was on these games homepage, but there it's only possible to download single files, i.e. the author didn't post the zipped projects.

Thanks in advance,

Wannabe Runner
wannaberunner
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Zipped apps?

Postby plusminus » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:16 pm

wannaberunner wrote:Hi all,

has anyone downloaded these apps? Would it be possible to zip the Eclipse projects and store them here?

I was on these games homepage, but there it's only possible to download single files, i.e. the author didn't post the zipped projects.

Thanks in advance,

Wannabe Runner

You are meant to check them out from svn!
See: http://code.google.com/p/apps-for-andro ... e/checkout
[font=Courier New]# Non-members may check out a read-only working copy anonymously over HTTP.
svn checkout http://apps-for-android.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ apps-for-android-read-only[/font]

Regards,
plusminus
Image | Android Development Community / Tutorials
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Photostream

Postby spoorti » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:38 am

Hi,

Can I get the apk of Photostream?? If anybody of you know the link for downloading .apk then just let me know.
spoorti
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Re: 5 new apps-for-android released

Postby enalovej » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:56 am

These 5 apps-for android released is wonderful and I will try to use the method you provide here,thanks a lot.
enalovej
Freshman
Freshman

Postby sampath_sl » Mon May 09, 2011 10:00 am

Thanks Plusminus!!!
sampath_sl
Developer
Developer

Postby Openxcell » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:58 am

Thanks plusminus, for sharing this great apps. A best thing about this apps are very popular and also my favorite.
Openxcell
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby SarahPerez10 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:39 pm

All apps are awesome, Thanks for sharing here.
SarahPerez10
Freshman
Freshman

Return to News & Rumors