[Rumor] 1.5M T-Mobile G1s already preordered

Supervised News & Rumors concerning the Google Android Platform.

[Rumor] 1.5M T-Mobile G1s already preordered

Postby ninor » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:06 pm

Hello Community,

According to the news linked at the end, the entire 1.5M units of T-Mobile's and HTC G1 phones are already preordered at this time.
If true, this fact will be the big hit that Google and the OHA need to make succeed the internet in mobile environments. And not only that, it will indicate two things: first, people really wants to be connected everywhere, and second, there was some void in the market regarding a terminal/platform that only can fill this Android OS.

So, will Android become the "Linux" of mobile devices? :?:

Link:
http://www.engadget.com/2008/10/12/1-5-million-t-mobile-g1s-already-pre-ordered/

/ninor for anddev.org
Image AndDev: Your Android Development Community / Tutorials | Here's my Basic ToolKit
ninor

Postby plusminus » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:53 pm

:arrow: 1.5 Million customers for our apps, with direct access to the Android Market :!:

:D :D :D
Image | Android Development Community / Tutorials
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ninor » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:28 pm

:shock: Right there, from the very beginning! :D
Image AndDev: Your Android Development Community / Tutorials | Here's my Basic ToolKit
ninor

Postby plusminus » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:51 pm

ninor wrote::shock: Right there, from the very beginning! :D

I expect that number to be too high (for now), but 500k is still a lot :)
Image | Android Development Community / Tutorials
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pjv » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:14 am

plusminus wrote:I expect that number to be too high (for now), but 500k is still a lot :)

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm very suspicious about too positive (or too negative for that matter) messages about a phone that has barely been introduced to the crowds (but will be soon!). It's likely this is a completely unfounded number (but not impossible mathematically considering this would just be a chunk of the existing T-mobile clients who happen to be at the end of their contracts). Why do we need 1.5M? Even 100k would already be a great start. The better then if it turns out to be 500k or more. Android is for the long run, I wouldn't dare comparing it to the virality of the Apple marketing machine.
pjv
Developer
Developer

Return to News & Rumors