Reviews from Users

News not yet published, shall be reviewed/approved by other authors.

Reviews from Users

Postby plusminus » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:41 am

Hey guys,

I just thought about letting the users also post to the device/apps-review sections. (maybe making the ones from the authors sticky?)

What do you think

/Nicolas
Image | Android Development Community / Tutorials
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby coding_android » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:37 am

Well yeah I would definetly let the users rate the apps as well. Perhaps we could do the rating through a poll that sits above every thread.
If you got job opportunities for me. Just drop me a personal message. - Android developement - integrating social media into Android
coding_android

Postby plusminus » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:15 pm

The posts themselves can be rated. (Just activated that feature)

What i meant was that the user also could write own reviews.

/Nicolas
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby coding_android » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:40 pm

Yeah I think that they should be able to write their own reviews. And just add a rating to their review. Do you plan to differentiate the different fields of apps (social media, multimedia, business apps etc.) in different threads? So that it is easier for users to find the apps theyd like to see tested.
If you got job opportunities for me. Just drop me a personal message. - Android developement - integrating social media into Android
coding_android

Postby plusminus » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:42 pm

Oops, I forgot to answer.

I added two subforums, where users can write reviews. Also leaving the moderated ones.

Unfortunately I think the amount of subforums is growing pretty big, so I'm open for Refractoring-Suggestions :lol:

Best Regards,
Nicolas
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby coding_android » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:19 pm

Ah fine.

The first thing that comes to my mind looking at refactoring would be the following:

Put the Zoom MDK as a subforum into the "Android devices" thread. (if this is possible with the forum software) Because I think there will be a lot more developement devices in the future and you can't open a new subforum all the time for all the developement devices. :-)

So my proposal:

General Talk -> Android Devices -> Zoom MDK, G1, etc-
coding_android

Postby plusminus » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:27 pm

coding_android wrote:Ah fine.

The first thing that comes to my mind looking at refactoring would be the following:

Put the Zoom MDK as a subforum into the "Android devices" thread. (if this is possible with the forum software) Because I think there will be a lot more developement devices in the future and you can't open a new subforum all the time for all the developement devices. :-)

So my proposal:

General Talk -> Android Devices -> Zoom MDK, G1, etc-

Unfortunately that is only possible with phpBB3 which I fear of porting anddev.org to, because of a couple of customizations that have been done since then. :?
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to News Review