URGENT: Install application incl. SQLite DB on Android phone

Problems with WiFi, SQLite ,Bluetooth, WiMax, Proxies, etc...

URGENT: Install application incl. SQLite DB on Android phone

Postby schrotti08 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:55 pm

Folks, apologies ... I have a very urgent request. Tomorrow I want to present an Android application on the phone (not on the emulator) to a group of students. I have a Samsung Galaxy running on Android 1.5.

I got it all hooked up and I can see the device using "adb devices". I can also see it in DDMS. So the connection is fine. I even can install the application on the device - but I cannot run it.

The main problem seems to be that my application cannot access the corresponding local SQLite database. Everything works perfectly on the emulator. I figured out that I also cannot access the data/data folder on the devices. It says "permission denied". Then I found out that I have to "root" the device. But absolutely no clue how I can do that. Also installing the apk through "adb install ...." did not work.

What can I do in order to get my SQLite db on the device? Do I have to root it?

Again, as this is really urgent (until tonight Wed July 29th) please!

Regards Christian
schrotti08
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby icebrkr » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:31 am

I've been thinking about this issue as well.

The stuff I've been able to dig up is:
a) SQL Dump your data into a TXT file and put the file in your assets directory to then import the data onCreate....

b) Put your SQLite data file in your assets directory and copy it into /myapp/databases/ onCreate.

That's what I've found so far.
icebrkr
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Networking & Database Problems