Sony HDR-PJ10 Review: Import Sony PJ10 MTS to Avid Media Composer
Summary: In this article you will get to know the best way to transcode Sony PJ10 AVCHD to MOV DNxHD for Avid Media Composer.
Sony HDR-PJ10 Review:
The good: The Sony Handycam HDR-PJ10's built-in projector and stereo speakers are very convenient for sharing home movies. Plus, the HD camcorder has the same wide-angle lens, built-in USB cable, and good automated performance as its projector-free siblings.
The bad: If you don't plan to use the projector, the rest of the camcorder's performance and feature set are a bit underpowered for the money.
Import Sony HDR-PJ10 MTS to Avid Media Composer
"I have just got Handycam HDR-PJ10, a camcorder that supports 1920 x 1080 Full HD 60p recording, I recorded some footages when I travel. Now I want to import Sony HDR-PJ10 AVCHD files to Avid Media Composer for editing, but I always encounter problems in the importing process. What video format and codec should I use so that I can edit PJ10 AVCHD in Avid natively and smoothly?"
If you usually edit videos, you may know that MTS and M2TS format is not friendly with many editing softwar, like Avid. Avid Media Composer doesn't support MTS files well because of the codec and frame rate, you may encounter many problems when you try to import or edit Sony camera recorded videos.
Is there an easy way to edit Sony PJ10 MTS in Avid Media Composer?
The best way is that you need to convert Sony PJ10 MTS to Avid MC supported file format, Avid best supported video format is DNxHD codec MOV format, so it's the first choice if you need to edit Sony PJ10 in Avid Media Composer, you can follow the guide below.
1. Download Pavtube MTS to MOV Converter for Mac, it's an excellent Mac MTS to Avid converter. If you need to run on windows platform, please try MTS Converter for Windows.
Tip: You can also try Free MTS converter for Mac from iTunes app store, this freeware has some limitations on output format, like Apple ProRes codec for FCP is not supported.
2. Click "Add" to load Sony PJ10 video files or directly drag the files into file list.
3. Click "Format" bar to determine output format. The program offers particular output formats for Avid. Just click the format bar and choose "Avid Media Composer -> Avid DNxHD 720p (*.mov)" as the best output codec for encoding MTS to MOV for editing MTS in Avid Media Composer.
Tip: If you are iMovie or FCE users, view the article "Sony HDR-PJ10 MTS footage working with iMovie or FCE"
4. If you would like to customize the video and audio parameters, you can click "settings", adjust the parameters as you want, like Video Codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sampling rate, bit rate, channels.
5. Click "Convert" to start.
The software can help you to convert Sony PJ10 to Avid MOV video at a short time if the file not so big. Video and audio quality and synchronization are perfectly guaranteed, you can also read more guides in Pavtube MTS column - Convert MTS files on Mac.
For Mac user
Sony Handycam HDR-PJ710V/PJ580V/PJ760V footage to Avid Media Composer
Sony FS700 1080 50p/60p AVCHD workflow for Avid Media Composer
Sony AVCHD MTS/M2TS clips to DNxHD MOV for Avid Media Composer
Encode Sony NEX-5N/NEX-7/A57/A65/A77 1080 50p/60p AVCHD to iMovie
Can FCP X import 50p/60p AVCHD files from Sony CX730/CX740/CX760?
Import Sony AVCHD MTS files to FCP 7/FCP X on Mountain Lion
Sony camcorder SD card 2GB problem and import to FCP 7/X
For Windows users
Convert Sony Handycam AVCHD video to MP4
Sony AVCHD to Sony Vegas converter
Sony MTS to Pinnacle Studio Converter
Sony M2TS to Windows Movie Maker Converter
Transcode MTS shootings to Magix Movie Edit Pro 14