Description: This article aims to introduce an easy way to unlock iTunes purchased movie and convert DRM M4V video to Moto X for playback on Windows and Mac.
Source: How to record iTunes M4V videos on Motorola Moto X?
Q1: "I was given a Moto X and I was told that you can't download purchased music& videos from iTunes onto this device and yet others say you can you download them onto android? And if you can how do you do it??"
Q2: "Can I transfer the movies I bought from iTunes to Moto X for playback? I am interested in the latest Moto X phone and I wonder if it supports iTunes movie for playback. If the Moto X is not able to play them, is there any chance that I can make it with the help of some third-party tools?"
Answer: Speaking of the possibility of Moto X supporting iTunes video, I'd rather take it with a grain of salt. As far as I know, those M4V videos from iTunes are mostly DRM protected to prevent playing on non-ios devices. Obviously Moto X is no exception.
So if you want to play iTune M4V videos on Moto X, firstly you need to remove DRM protection, and then do a iTunes video recorder to Moto X compatible formats.
In this article, we will introduce the easiest and most reliable way to transfer DRM protected videos to Moto X playable format.
Part 1. Preparation.
Here we recommend iTunes to Moto X Recorder, a professional DRM Video Recorder which works on both Windows/Mac to help break the DRM protection and also recorder M4V video to MP4 format as the most compatible format on Moto X.
(Note: download a dmg file for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard users)
A command window will pop up during the installation to install specific audio driver, do not shut down and let it running until the installation completed.
Part 2. Tutorials: Remove DRM protection and Record iTunes M4V Video to Moto X.
Step 1. Load .m4v videos.
Run this Pavtube Chewtune as a top DRM Removal Software and DRM Video Recorder, and add videos. Drag and drop your videos to it directly, or you can click icon to import them as below.
Step 2. Choose format.
Click the drop-down-list besides "Format" and choose "Common Video> H.264 Video(*.mp4)" as the most compatible format with Moto X.
Step 3. Change video specs.
Click "Settings" to enter Profile Settings window, you can find settings for video size, codec, bitrate and frame rate. For Moto X, you are suggested to set the Size to 1280*720; and bitrate will be fine from 1500 to 2500k.
Step 4. Start iTunes M4V to Moto X recorder.
Now click the "Convert" icon to start removing DRM from iTune M4V videos and recording iTunes videos to Moto X for playing; this DRM Video Recorder will activate your iTunes automatically and start to play this video. The player windows cannot be removed or closed.
In the meanwhile, it will start to record this video in MP4 real-time. The conversion time is equal to the video length itself; you can do other tasks during the converting the process.
Note: the system volume could turn off temporally during this period; no worries, do not touch it to get perfect DRM removed video.
After the conversion, click "Open output folder" to quick locate the converted video.
1. The DRM removing process may mislead your anti-virus software to falsely report virus/worm. Please ignore the report to keep on ripping.
2. This product cannot convert unplayable video (damaged, unauthorized, etc).
How to transfer the converted iTunes M4V video to Moto X?
1. Connect your device to the USB port on your computer. Its USB storage is mounted as a drive and appears on your computer screen.
2. Copy files back and forth as you would using any other external device.
3. When you finish, eject the device from within Windows before unplugging the USB cable.
Mac OS transfer
1. Install Android File Transfer from www.android.com/filetransfer, and follow the instructions there. (If you are using Android File Transfer for the first time, double-click it to open it. After the first connection, it opens automatically whenever you connect.)
2. Connect your device to your computer with a USB cable. Android File Transfer starts, if it's not already running, and opens a window that displays the contents of your device, along with storage space details at the bottom of the window.
3. Work with this window much as you do in the Finder window: open and close folders, create new folders, and drag files to or from it and other Finder windows.
4. Disconnect the USB cable when you finish.
Related settings: To change your device's USB connection options, touch Settings > Device > Storage > Menu > USB computer connection.
Good news for you: To save your money, Pavtube Special Offer offers various product bundles, save up o $35, such as:
Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate($65) + DVD Creator($35) = Only 65$, Save $35
ChewTune ($29) + Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate($65) = Only $75, Save $19
ChewTune for Mac($29) + iMedia Converter for Mac($65) = Only $75, Save $19
ChewTune($29) + ByteCopy($42) = Only $54, Save $17
ChewTune for Mac($29) + ByteCopy for Mac($42) = Only $54, Save $17