Proxy connection issues

Problems with WiFi, SQLite ,Bluetooth, WiMax, Proxies, etc...

Postby billd » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:34 pm

cp77 wrote:I caved in and got them to open the proxy server up for the sites I need :-(

I'm pretty disappointed with this as an approach.

Yes, you should be ashamed of yourself :wink: :)

Would you mind sharing those sites with me? Perhaps I can do the same here.
billd
Freshman
Freshman

Postby cp77 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:41 pm

Sorry billd, 'them' is my IT department so it's not going to be any use to you.
cp77
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby billd » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:59 pm

Sorry. I was not clear in my question, or maybe I did not understand your comment :oops:

Which sites did you get your IT department to open up their proxy server for? Perhaps I can convince my IT department to do the same. Are you referring to a general Google site (i.e., www.google.com) as in the tutorial, or is it a special website that you are accessing from within your app?
billd
Freshman
Freshman

Postby cp77 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:33 pm

Ah, I see sorry.

I only need to go to a specific site, so they opened just that site and the sites that hold it's resources. As I understand you can open a hole in the proxy if you're going from a specific IP to a specific set of IP's. I wouldn't expect your IT department to jump at the idea though.

It's such a dirty thing to have to do, it really bothers me that the proxy support is so poor in Android when clearly hundreds of people are suffering with it. That said I'm a little surprised some super developer didn't jump on this thread and either say not possible, or offer a simple solution to embarrass me!
cp77
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby billd » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:03 pm

cp77 wrote:That said I'm a little surprised some super developer didn't jump on this thread and either say not possible, or offer a simple solution to embarrass me!

Agreed. I was hoping that someone would say "Ah, you silly novices. . . just do this. . . .". I'd suffer a bit of embarassment but at least have a solution. :wink:
billd
Freshman
Freshman

Postby cp77 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:31 am

Looking on the bright side at least this suggests we're not just being dumb!
cp77
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Previous

Return to Networking & Database Problems