I just started Android development and am building an app which should use data from a server and store some of it in the database.
Lets say I have around 4000 people and 1000 employees and the total data that after putting into sqlite database comes to around 10MB.
What would be the best approach to follow?
1) Download the database itself and store it on the phone and use it? If so how would I save the database on the phone?
2) Read data from an XML file on the external server?
3) Read data from a Json file on the server?
4) Are webservices better for this?
5) Is there any other better way to do this?
Can anyone please weigh these conditions. Which one will perform better and faster?