Phone-to-Phone connection

Problems with WiFi, SQLite ,Bluetooth, WiMax, Proxies, etc...

Phone-to-Phone connection

Postby mdownie » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:57 pm

I have been searching everywhere about this topic recently. Unfortunately, I have not found anything. Is it possible to connect 2 phones directly? Is it best to use bluetooth, wifi, or the 3g network? If any of this is possible, does it connect via an ip address or a phone number? Basically, I am trying to create a head-to-head type of game and I was wondering what is the best way to go about it. Thanks.
mdownie
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby suhas.gavas » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:04 am

Hi,
me also trying to0 do the same ......... As of now there is no API for bluetooth ........ if u have found any way to go ahead then plz let me knw
suhas.gavas
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

bluetooth

Postby mdownie » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:18 pm

I am not "very" interested in bluetooth right now because I want to allow 2 people to maybe play a game with each other, no matter where they are, but without the use of a server. I found a way to get an IP address, but I need to see if normal java sockets will work on the device. If they do, then I don't think it will be much of an issue using the EDGE, 3G, or any other normal networking. But, I will post something if bluetooth support is added or a hidden API surfaces.
mdownie
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby suhas.gavas » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:29 am

Then u can make use of gtalkservice . As its api is removed from sdk 1.0 . Using this api u can connect 2 users
anywhere. Yesterday i have done a small project on the same.
suhas.gavas
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to Networking & Database Problems