HTTPEntity HTTP_OK but content is missing.

Problems with WiFi, SQLite ,Bluetooth, WiMax, Proxies, etc...

HTTPEntity HTTP_OK but content is missing.

Postby Danroid » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:07 am

Hey,

I make a web request using DefaultHTTPClient and WebGet to retreive some data in a JSON format. When the data is short it is all present in the content of the HTTPEntity of the HTTPResponse however if the data is particularly long (I can't define short and long as it varies) then I only ever see the first segment of data. If I open up wireshark I do see the data arrive in parts which is leading me to beleive I have misunderstood how the HTTPResponse works (maybe I need to concatenate two responses) however the documentation suggests this is not the case, and besides how would I get at the second piece of data?

Has anyone had this happen to them before? Am I missing something glaringly obvious?

Oh the data being split is not an error (both my iphone and Windows client collect the data correctly).

I am trying this on the 1.5 image on an emulator, will try it on device and other images but it would be nice to work on 1.5.

EDIT: The content returned is 3309 bytes long however from the 2500 byte there is just zeroes. I have seen something similar when dealing with large arrays in Carbide however the data was there (the IDE just couldn't display it) but the data isn't present this time :S

Thanks
Dan
Danroid
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Networking & Database Problems