Great review: Titleist AP1 712 irons - steel shaft

Problems with WiFi, SQLite ,Bluetooth, WiMax, Proxies, etc...

Great review: Titleist AP1 712 irons - steel shaft

Postby Angelbabysister » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:35 am

Though Titleist irons have always been seen as a badge of excellence, some golfers - me included - have felt that perhaps its AP1 and AP2 models were not quite forgiving enough for my standard of play.

A 40mph cross-wind on the Archerfield Links practice ground was hardly the most appropriate proving ground to try the new 712 series titleist ap1 712 irons but first impressions were favourable. In looks, I liked the confidence-inspiring top line and the profile of the clubhead at address. Compared to some clubs in the 'forgiving' category it was more elegant yet more sympathetic to the needs of the 12-handicapper.

The new AP1s still demanded an element of consistency in strike, especially in the longer irons but if I secured a set, I'd probably take Titleist general manager Steve Pelisek's advice and invest in complimentary hybrids to replace them.

This 21-year-old former World No.1 Amateur smashes his tee shots with effortless ease, on average more than 301 yards every time he competes on Tour, and is currently ranked 12th in driving distance behind the irrepressible Alvaro Quiros (312.8).

So whom better to get a tip from to enhance my driving and make the most of the latest technology Titleist is offering for those of us with slower swing speeds unable to quite handle the poker shafts and single digit lofts of the latest drivers? Scotty cameron Newport 2 putter "You're swing is too fast," he told me as another tee shot squirted under a cold, wicked cross wind on the range of this elegant Tour venue within earshot of Brands Hatch race circuit.

So I was privileged to be invited to the London Club recently for a fitting of the latest california del mar putter - for those of us of more mature years or just simply with Moderate Swing Speeds - to take advantage of some friendly advice from Frenchman Victor Dubuisson one of the longest drivers on the European Tour.

It's a similar experience for an irons fitting. I tried the Titleist 712 AP1 irons and discovered from hitting a sample 6-iron - and the statistics that were subsequently rolled out - that I'd need graphite shafts and a lie that was 2-degrees flat.

For golfers who may have previously thought that Titleist was out of their league in terms of forgiveness, golf clubs for sale playability and workability, these 712 Series AP1 irons are strong contenders for long term investment.
Angelbabysister
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Return to Networking & Database Problems