Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1007: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /www/htdocs/w006661d/anddev/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1781

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4362: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4364: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4365: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4366: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1781)
anddev.org • View topic - Efficient way to download video or large file

Efficient way to download video or large file

Problems with WiFi, SQLite ,Bluetooth, WiMax, Proxies, etc...

Efficient way to download video or large file

Postby arungupta2jan » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:53 am

hi all,

i need to optimise the speed of a program which is downloading data from the web .
plz give me suggestion if any ...

how am i doing it?

1) i dont have any idea what is the length of the file..

Process 1
on downloading i create a connection to the server and start writing it to the ByteArrayOutputStream on completion i write it to the file..
here i am not sure whether the ByteArrayOutputStream will be able to keep the file of that size.
Process 2
on downloading i create a connection to the server and start writing it to the file directly
i feel like since there is lot of IO so it may be very slow

please help me out

regards
Arun Gupta
arungupta2jan
Developer
Developer

Return to Networking & Database Problems