Convert MiniDV AVI to M4V/MP4 for Apple TV with AC3 5.1 surround sound on Mac
Mini DV tapes provide some of the best quality for consumer videos, but there is not much you can do with it until the video is captured and converted onto a computer. When Mini DV footage is uploaded, it automatically is uploaded as a large AVI file, which is not compatible with QuickTime player or iTunes. If you'd like to watch your Mini DV shootings on HDTV via Apple TV box, it's a must that you convert AVI files to M4V or MP4 video. A conversion can help save hard drive space and still keeps the excellent quality provided by the camera.
An easy guide of converting AVI files from MiniDV cassettes to Apple TV support format
1. Import mini-DV tapes as AVI file on computer hard drive.
2. Get Pavtube AVI to Apple TV Converter for Mac (or Apple TV Video Converter Ultimate for Windows if you work on PC).
3. Launch the software, drag and drop DV .AVI files to the video converter.
4. Press on "Format" bar and choose a preset from "Apple TV" category. In Pavtube's latest update two new Apple TV have been introduced as optimal encoding settings for black Apple TVs, both include best settings for encoding videos to Apple TV.
[*] Apple TV 3 Dolby Digital Pass-through (*.m4v) preset - H.264 video profile with AC3 5.1 and AAC stereo (1920x1080)
[*] Apple TV 2 Dolby Digital Pass-through (*.m4v) preset- H.264 video profile with AC3 5.1 and AAC stereo (1280x720);
5. Press the big "Convert" button to get the software converting Mini DV .avi to .m4v for Apple TV.
6. After conversion simply press "Open" to locate converted M4V video in 720p/1080p. Add the videos to iTunes library, and then you can enable home sharing feature and have your iTunes stream the Mini DV shootings to Apple TV. Enjoy your recordings on HDTV!
Why choose Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac or Video Converter Ultimate?
Because it lets you convert AVI, MKV, MPG, WMV, TiVo and also rips DVD and even Blu-ray movies to iPad, iPhone and Apple TV! The new Apple TV presets lets you export 1080p and 720p M4V with higher video quality and dual audio tracks for the Apple TV 3rd Gen and Apple TV 2nd Gen models. Default presets aim to create videos of iTunes store movie quality, and users can set higher quality up to 10mbps from "Settings" panel. Both AC3 and AAC audio are retained so that you can either let Apple TV pass-through Dolby Digital to A/V receiver to take advantage of your surround sound system, or have Apple TV decodes AAC and exports stereo audio.
More Apple TV solutions at: http://www.pavtube.com/apple-tv-3.html