Working Natively with Canon VIXIA HF M52 in FCP X

Put problems with the Android NDK in this forum.

Working Natively with Canon VIXIA HF M52 in FCP X

Postby lydia622520 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:51 am

Q:Does Canon VIXIA HF M52 32GB Full HD Dual Flash Camcorder works with Final Cut Pro X?
I am planning to buy Canon VIXIA HF M52 but I am afraid if the pictures and videos which are recorded can be used with FCP X application in my Mac? Can you please confirm this if not I can better go for some other cameras which holds the support for it. As I need to work with FCP for my project which needs the best video recording and pictures.

A:YES! You can go for it! With a top AVCHD MTS Converter for Mac, you are able to solve all problems.
Capturing glistening HD movies on the go with the Canon VIXIA HF M52 full HD camcorder, you can achieve full HD video at up to 1920x1080 resolution, so you’ll never miss a moment.
You can get the best AVCHD Converter for Mac, applying which you can transcode Canon VIXIA HF M52 AVCHD to ProRes 422 HQ the FCP X native format without any quality loss. Moreover, this professional Mac AVCHD Converter also supports convert Canon Vixia HF M400, Canon Vixia HF M500, Canon Vixia HF M50, Canon Vixia HF M32, etc AVCHD footages to Apple ProRes for Final Cut Pro on your Mac OS X(including Lion, Mountain Lion).

Here is the guide for you to make Canon Vixia footages editable in FCP

Step 1: Import Canon VIXIA HF M52 files
Connect Canon VIXIA HF M52 to Apple computer via USB cable, find the .mts files from the camera folder like PRIVATE > AVCHD > BDMV... Then run the recommended AVCHD to ProRes Converter to load the MTS files to it.

Step 2: Choose ProRes 422 HQ output format
Select the output format for FCP X via clicking on Format > Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) (.*mov).

Step 3: Adjust the original 1080p50 frame rate
Click settings button to adjust the frame rate as 30fps, and set the video size as 1920*1080 to keep the best quality for editing in Final Cut Pro X on Mac.

Step 4: Convert Canon AVCHD video to ProRes
Click the convert button, and the program will start to convert Canon HF M52 AVCHD to ProRes 422 for Final Cut Xon Mac OS X immediately.

After the conversion, you can easily transfer Canon VIXIA HF M52 files to Final Cut Pro X for editing with the best quality.

Tips:
1. If you want lossless join of MTS, M2TS files, pleas tick the “Merge into one” box.
2. If you wanna trim, crop and add special effects to AVCHD/AVCHD Lite, just tap the Edit icon.
3. This MTS Converter for Mac also can convert AVCHD(.mts/.m2ts) to AIC, DVCPRO, MOV(AVC), Avid DNxHD, etc for you.

Related guides:
Simple instruction about Canon Vixia HF R300 AVCHD to iMovie
Transcode Canon Vixia AVCHD clips to iMovie/FCP/Avid for editing
Canon VIXIA HF G20 to Avid Media Composer importing issues and solutions
Convert Sony HDR-CX580V 1080 60p AVCHD to iMovie 11/9/8 on Mac OS X
How to Move/Copy all PC Media files to Blackberry Z10
Solve Sony Alpha a37 AVCHD to FCP importing problems
Does Canon VIXIA HF M52 works with Final Cut Pro (X) on Mac?
lydia622520
Master Developer
Master Developer

Return to NDK Problems